Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The sign of a good steakhouse in Valdosta, GA

Options
thetrim
thetrim Posts: 11,357

I may never learn. I do know know you can’t pick your coworkers
=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
Tampa Bay, FL
EIB 6 Oct 95

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    Work dinner?  Order the tuna. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    Options
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    There are 795 Million people in the world who don't have enough to eat.

Shut up and eat your steak.   ;)
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Reverse seared?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Thapco
    Thapco Posts: 44
    Options

several years ago, friends and us went to a supposedly good steakhouse and all ordered steaks.  When waiter delivered, he ask if we wanted any steak sauce.  My buddy spoke up and calmly ask "Why, will we need it?"

I haven't hesitated to use that ever sense when ask.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    My take is a great steak does not require steak sauce. That said, a good steak sauce can be a nice compliment to a great steak. They do exist out there. Flame on fellows.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    I thought you were talking about this:

• thetrim
    Options
    Two coworkers and me.  Nine eggs between us, and we made the decision to go for a substandard steak.  Critically poor judgement and group think on our part.   It was right up there with the Morton-Thiokol people during the Shuttle Challenger disaster. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,348
    Options
    Army judgment at its finest for the steak-house...I'm sure it is a frequent occurrence.  
    Comparing (even with a weak humor attempt) that to the Challenger I find to be in extremely poor taste.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Army judgment at its finest for the steak-house...I'm sure it is a frequent occurrence.  
    Comparing (even with a weak humor attempt) that to the Challenger I find to be in extremely poor taste.  FWIW-
    Too soon?
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    A1 is good on eggs. I bet a burger with an egg over easy on top with some cheese and A1 would be good. Sorry about your steak it doesn’t look horrible atleast.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Lit said:
    A1 is good on eggs. I bet a burger with an egg over easy on top with some cheese and A1 would be good. Sorry about your steak it doesn’t look horrible atleast.
    Burgers are awesome with an egg and A1. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Lit said:
    Burgers are awesome with an egg and A1. 
    2 burgers, cheese, jalapeños, lettuce pickle and tomato and fried egg on top.  A1 or not.  Home run.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • thetrim
    Options
    A1. Tastes better on a Salisbury  steak 20,000 leagues under the sea.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    To me that says "We get all types in here and if they want Wooster, or A1, or ketchup, or Splenda on their food who are we to judge?. Hell, if they want mayo on their steak we'll bring out the Duke's (any other mayo would, of course, be unforgiveable)".
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Hamburger steak with grilled onions and peppers topped with A1 hard to beat...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    If you've never had tater tots dipped in a mixture of Heinz and A-1 (at a ratio of, say, 1.5:1), you haven't lived.  It's the best, Jerry.  The best!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • thetrim
    Options
    Tater tots rock in anything!  I din't mean to uncover the A1 snowflakes on hear.  My point was that it's not a sign of a great steakhouse when you walk in and that's on the table.  Not throwing shade.  Just expressing my opinion.  I know A1 is a mandatory condiment in every Navy mess, but keep it off the tables at a steakhouse.  Keep in in the back and bring it out when someone asks for it.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Two coworkers and me.  Nine eggs between us, and we made the decision to go for a substandard steak.  Critically poor judgement and group think on our part.   It was right up there with the Morton-Thiokol people during the Shuttle Challenger disaster. 
    You are in Valdosta so go figure......
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!