Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Masters Golf Tourney 2018 !!!

YEMTrey
YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
edited March 2018 in Off Topic

It’s that wonderful time of year!  Masters week is upon us.  Tons of story lines this year and plenty to talk about.  Here are the current odds:

·        Tiger Woods 10-1 

·        Dustin Johnson 10-1

·        Justin Thomas 10-1 

·        Rory McIlroy 10-1 

·        Justin Rose 12-1 

·        Jordan Spieth 12-1

·        Bubba Watson 14-1

·        Phil Mickelson 16-1 

·        Jason Day 16-1

·        Rickie Fowler 18-1

·        Jon Rahm 18-1

·        Sergio Garcia 25-1

·        Paul Casey 25-1

·        Hideki Matsuyama 30-1

·        Tommy Fleetwood 30-1

·        Patrick Reed 30-1

·        Marc Leishman 40-1

·        Alex Noren 40-1 

·        Henrick Stenson 40-1

·        Matt Kuchar 50-1

·        Louis Oosthuizen 50-1

Shaping up to be a very anticipated tournament with big names back in form and all kinds of younger talent on display.

Time to start thinking about the food and beer menu!!

Steve 
XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

Comments

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    I put $25 on Kevin Kisner last week at 125-1
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    g8golfer said:
    After that trouncing he took last week, I don’t think he’ll recover. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Dufner is my dark horse pick 
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    I did it because he’s a local guy. Grew up 20 minutes from Augusta and I think 11 of the last 15 years the winner is a first time masters champion. 
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Incredibly stoked for this years Masters! I agree with @DoubleEgger everything is better with Tiger in the mix. You can't sleep on Spieth even though he hasn't been playing great. I'm holding off to make my final pick, but seeing Rory complete the slam would be pretty cool!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Speith or Bubba  (prefer Bubba :))

In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    I'm also crossing my fingers that I can add to my little collection this year:

Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    It is an incredible celebration to attend in person. The one thing that stood out to me was how hilly the course was compared to what it looked like on TV. Well other than the $1.50 Pimiento cheese sandwich and the $2.50 beer. 
  • Love to see Tiger back (ha!) and playing well, but I don't think he's all there yet.
    I'm pulling for Rory this year. 

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Love to see Tiger back (ha!) and playing well, but I don't think he's all there yet.

Tiger has never been "all there"..
  • Rascal said:
    Love to see Tiger back (ha!) and playing well, but I don't think he's all there yet.

True, but he's been places few people have ever been.

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    I am not sure Tiger has all the pieces of his puzzle back in place again. He has had some very strong outings this year but also some very bad parts of rounds. Hopefully he can put the right parts together and make a good run at the Masters. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    edited March 2018
    g8golfer said:

Still took 2nd out of 64 of the world's best and played great all week until the championship round.  Just ran out of gas then for sure.  I think he's a good bet at those odds.  Not the longest off the tee, but has the shot shape for ANGC and a gritty player.

Could happen, but think Woods is a sucker bet as the favorite.  At those numbers, I'd go with JT.  Wouldn't have said this a month ago, but also like Phil and Bubba.  Both won multiple Masters, playing well and coming off wins.  Of those on the list, I also like Matsuyama and Reed at 30-1. 

Have to wait and see what the Draft Kings odds are like....usually put together a half dozen teams for the majors.  Should be a REALLY interesting tournament though.  Can you imagine both Mickelson and Tiger getting in the mix on the weekend?  Talk about turning back the clock......

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    In the airport coming back from Vegas as I type. Got Spieth at 16 to 1, which I thought was a good number for him. Also threw a smaller amount on some longer shots, so I'm pulling for the field and a bigger payout.
    Stillwater, MN
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    I’m thinking Bubba, finally starting to play well again, and this course is made for him. I’ll take Noren as my dark horse
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    Rascal said:

Tiger at his peak was one hell of a golfer man.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Rascal said:

Tiger at his peak was one hell of a golfer man.  
    Yup!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • YEMTrey
    KennyLee said:
    g8golfer said:

Still took 2nd out of 64 of the world's best and played great all week until the championship round.  Just ran out of gas then for sure.  I think he's a good bet at those odds.  Not the longest off the tee, but has the shot shape for ANGC and a gritty player.

Could happen, but think Woods is a sucker bet as the favorite.  At those numbers, I'd go with JT.  Wouldn't have said this a month ago, but also like Phil and Bubba.  Both won multiple Masters, playing well and coming off wins.  Of those on the list, I also like Matsuyama and Reed at 30-1. 

Have to wait and see what the Draft Kings odds are like....usually put together a half dozen teams for the majors.  Should be a REALLY interesting tournament though.  Can you imagine both Mickelson and Tiger getting in the mix on the weekend?  Talk about turning back the clock......

Can you imagine the sound of the roars if both Woods and Mickelson are in contention over the weekend! Chills.
    Steve 

• YEMTrey
    As of right now, I'm hoping that Tiger plays very well, but pulling for either Bubba or Justin Thomas to win it. 
    Steve 

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Rascal said:

I believe it, and for those who don't, just ask Elin!!~~
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Jordan Spieth
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Can't wait. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    thetrim said:
    Jordan Spieth
    Wasn't he the one that blew the 15th hole on the last day?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    I remember his blowup on 12.... too many balls in the water.....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Rascal said:

He has also been in some places lots of others have been.
    NOLA
  • I was able to go to the Masters for the last 2 years. ANGC is one of the most amazing properties on planet earth.  Roll Tide... Justin Thomas for the win. 
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Shaping up to be a great Masters - Phil, Rory, and Bubba with recent wins...Tiger has been really close.  I like Justin Thomas to win.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Can't wait either. It's literally the official beginning to spring here in GA. Kids on spring break, fishing and watching the Masters. 

I think it's DJ's year personally. But it could be anybody's tournament. 
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • Wolfie51sb
    Wolfie51sb Posts: 267
    I got Phil at 28-1 back in January. A lot will have to go right for him to win, but at least he has been playing decently the past month or so.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio