Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hahaha - beautiful

Comments

• Hahaha. Glorious. 

I would have loved to have gotten that call as a cop. 

“So can we wrap this up to go or like...”

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I find the propensity of vegans and vegetarians to own a disproportionate number of carnivorous pets to be especially hypocritical. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    "The goal always is for a restaurant to go fully vegan,” Ugar tells Mintz. “To reduce the animals they kill, for me, isn’t good enough.”

Seriously?! Who is she kidding?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    That sounds like something I’d do 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    I would have had to eat a few raw pieces as I was cutting away...love it.
    People always want others to respect their beliefs...but then turn around and protest the beliefs of others.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    “...in a surprising twist, the press attention surrounding this incident has lead to a bump in reservations for Antler.”

attaboy.  I would definitely make a point of eating there if I lived in the area.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,868
    Of the class of people walking the Earth I hope to never meet in person, a "vegan activist" is right at the top of the list.  I'd rather converse with Scientologists.  

I love that the name of the restaurant is "Antler" though.  Dude isn't shy about serving up Rudolph for dinner!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    The best part:

"...the press attention surrounding this incident has lead to a bump in reservations for Antler. "

Also, I'm confused by their message - “speciesism = discrimination = injustice”

Do they not realize that all the plants they eat are individual...species??? What am I just not grokking?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,457
    Cool place, we ate there over a year ago.  Should revisit and book a window seat  =)
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    pictures or it didn't happen...

canuckland
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,431
    ^^^ @Canugghead
    I'm scared to ask, but what is that thing in Photo #7 that looks like the rear 2/3rds of a nightcrawler?   :s

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Canugghead
    @Botch calamari tentacle my friend.  
    More of that stuff for your viewing pleasure ...pre Anova
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1190696/sous-vide-calamari-salad

canuckland
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I'm a vegetarian if I eat vegetarian animals, right?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    caliking said:
    I'm a vegetarian if I eat vegetarian animals, right?
    Vegetarian, once removed is the proper term. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • caliking
    And WTF is wrong with those people?? Why don’t they go picket a McD’s or something? Wonder how long it would take for them to be “accidentally “ run over by the drive-thru crowd. 

• baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    I find the propensity of vegans and vegetarians to own a disproportionate number of carnivorous pets to be especially hypocritical. 
    But then they try to starve them by making them go vegetarian.  Or don't breastfeed their kids because human milk is an animal product.
    Near San Francisco in California
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768

Most vegetarians I’ve come across don’t take a real strong (or any) position one way or another, kind of hard to do so when half your caloric intake is cheese, ice cream, butter & so forth…  even some vegans are ok that way, I dated one that went that route many years before I met her for what she believed to be health benefits & she was perfectly fine with omnivores, even fed her kids meat.  It’s the ‘ethical’ vegans that are scary, ‘reasoning’ with them is like reasoning with the Terminator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu0rP2VWLWw

happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    baychilla said:
    But then they try to starve them by making them go vegetarian.  Or don't breastfeed their kids because human milk is an animal product.
    If you don't breast feed they'll hate you for it later

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • PoppasGrill
    PoppasGrill Posts: 355
    My son is vegetarian, started after watching a slaughterhouse video a few years ago. He’s healthy and happy, and doesn’t mind if I eat a steak and make him a stuffed squash when he comes to visit. 
    Some of his friends go a little off the deep end, but he doesn’t protest restaurants.
    I tell him that just because you can’t hear that potatoe scream , doesn’t mean it can’t feel. It is alive and growing just like a cow.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    We had vegan protesters come into a Brazilian steakhouse we were at awhile back. It was fun. The people in the restaurant shouted the protesters down with "We eat meat!" chants. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    @Botch calamari tentacle my friend.  

Thanks.  I've had calamari steaks and octopi tentacles, but have never seen calamari tentacles on any menu (granted, I've never lived on any coast).  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch

I tell him that just because you can’t hear that potatoe scream , doesn’t mean it can’t feel. It is alive and growing just like a cow.
    You can see the fear in their eyes.   =)

• PoppasGrill
    PoppasGrill Posts: 355
    When I visit my son in Orlando , I will take him out to a vegan restaurant. There are a few things on the menu that isn’t horrible, but putting bacon behind the ingredient on the menu ( tofu bacon) does not mean it tastes like bacon. 
    Its interesting to just watch the people coming in this place, some are just “normal” people, while others are the self involved , stereotype vegan jerkoffs. While they turn their pretty little noses up at the stereotypical carnivore jerkoff , like me, that poke fun at things on the menu.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Vegetarian by proxy. Animals eat vegetables and i eat the animals. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• caliking
    I don't say this often, or ever, but maybe we should be more like the French:

Trèbes attack: French vegan activist convicted over dead butcher comment - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43586204

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Zippylip said:

Most vegetarians I’ve come across don’t take a real strong (or any) position one way or another, kind of hard to do so when half your caloric intake is cheese, ice cream, butter & so forth…  even some vegans are ok that way, I dated one that went that route many years before I met her for what she believed to be health benefits & she was perfectly fine with omnivores, even fed her kids meat.  It’s the ‘ethical’ vegans that are scary, ‘reasoning’ with them is like reasoning with the Terminator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu0rP2VWLWw

Zippy, I know more than a few vegan dog people.  Good people, but I know some are conflicted.   Coincidentally, Linda Hamilton is my neighbor.  She walks her dogs daily, and I know she eats crawfish...