Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

St Patty’s spare ribs

Options
sorry, nothing green here...just some delicious ribs. 
I'm in Fredericksburg, VA, and I have an XL and a medium. 

Comments

• ewyllins
    ewyllins Posts: 461
    Options
    Just threw mine on, hopefully they'll turn out like yours. Great job!!
    O-Town, FL

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Beautiful "slathered" photo! 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Nice plate o’ food you got there!
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,766
    Options
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Ribs look great!
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    That pairs with any holiday. Nice work.
    Stillwater, MN
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Looks real good. I assume those were not done on the MBGE? Do they fit?
  • Skrullb
    Skrullb Posts: 666
    Options
    Done on the XL. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Skrullb said:
    Done on the XL. 
    Ahh! Sig line only say medium. Lol. Nice work
  • Skrullb
    Options
    Skrullb said:
    Done on the XL. 
    Haha. I got an XL for Christmas...haven’t updated anything. I don’t know that I ever really cooked many ribs in the medium. I’ve got my hands full now, trying to keep both of them busy.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Skrullb said:
    Skrullb said:
    Done on the XL. 
    Haha. I got an XL for Christmas...haven’t updated anything. I don’t know that I ever really cooked many ribs in the medium. I’ve got my hands full now, trying to keep both of them busy.
    Well looks like you got the ribs down. I see the full Malcolm Reed line in the counter. Do you follow his comp recipe? 
  • Skrullb
    Options
    Skrullb said:
    Skrullb said:
    Done on the XL. 
    Well looks like you got the ribs down. I see the full Malcolm Reed line in the counter. Do you follow his comp recipe? 
    Yes I did 3 racks using his comp recipe and 2 racks using a combo of ozark heat and butt kickin chicken, from R butts R smoking. They’re both good but I think I prefer the spice that the Ozark Heat gives it. Malcom’s rubs and sauce give them great color, though, especially with some good cherry smoke 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    That is a banquet right there.  Great cook and result. Congrats.
    BTW -green is over-rated especially as related to food . ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Skrullb said:
    Skrullb said:
    Skrullb said:
    Done on the XL. 
    Yes I did 3 racks using his comp recipe and 2 racks using a combo of ozark heat and butt kickin chicken, from R butts R smoking. They’re both good but I think I prefer the spice that the Ozark Heat gives it. Malcom’s rubs and sauce give them great color, though, especially with some good cherry smoke 
    I like Malcolm’s recipe. I have used smoking guns hot and / or Dizzy Pig swamp venom in place of his hot rub. Sounds like you are feeding coworkers tomorrow or you are really full. 
  • CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    Those are some serious Ribs. Look fantastic. Nice work.
    1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • Skrullb
    Options
    Skrullb said:
    Skrullb said:
    Skrullb said:
    Done on the XL. 
    I like Malcolm’s recipe. I have used smoking guns hot and / or Dizzy Pig swamp venom in place of his hot rub. Sounds like you are feeding coworkers tomorrow or you are really full. 
    Haha. It was to feed a bunch of people after a long day of splitting firewood. The wife did manage to get a plate brought home, though 
  • Skrullb
    Options
    Those are some serious Ribs. Look fantastic. Nice work.
    Thank you. I think good ribs are one of the hardest things to nail down, but I think I’ve got it figured out!
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    Looks good, but a friend from Ireland sent out a tweet that it is St. Paddy's day. Patty is usually put between bread. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Ribs will make the mightiest mortal when starting out on the egg, however, once you got it down, there are no ribs anywhere you will taste better.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky