Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Bombs

Options
R2Egg2Q
R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
I hadn't cooked chicken bombs in at least a couple of years. Figured I was way past due so I cooked some today using chicken thighs, bacon, shredded cold smoked pepper jack cheese mixed with cream cheese, and jalapenos.

I didn't want the chicken to be done before the bacon was crisped so I par-cooked the bacon weave first. Since it is a little hard to make much of a weave on thighs with full sized bacon strips I sliced all of the bacon in half before assembling the weave.

Filled the jalapenos with the cheese mix, pounded the chicken flat, seasoned with a little Simply Marvelous Genie's Hooch rub, rolled the chicken around the pepper and wrapped in the bacon weave. Applied a little more rub and onto the Small BGE at 350.

Sauced with a little of The Next Big Thing sauce prior to pulling them off the Egg.

Sliced and served

It was pretty tasty. Thanks for looking!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments