Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Invasion of the Counterfeit Yetis

Options
Botch
Botch Posts: 15,485
https://www.circa.com/story/2018/03/16/nation/amazon-like-sites-could-have-counterfeit-products-according-to-the-government-accountability-office
Read and heed.  I knew Wallyworld was selling differently-branded knockoffs (which I would've gone for had I known about them) but now you can't even trust the brand name on the item.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I find it amusing when they can do a perfect knock off, but then misspell something.  Those yeti fakes in the pic look pretty legit.

Phoenix 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    blasting said:

I find it amusing when they can do a perfect knock off, but then misspell something.  Those yeti fakes in the pic look pretty legit.

I’d buy a SETI cooler.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    Options
    blasting said:

I’d buy a SETI cooler.  
    What do you store in that? ET parts?
    Near San Francisco in California
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    baychilla said:
    blasting said:

I’d buy a SETI cooler.  
    What do you store in that? ET parts?
    I think you put Schrödinger’s cat in it and hope that nobody ever opens it.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    There are worse things to misspell:

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Saw a billboard once that said the store was "Open to the Pubic". They left it there for months.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Some are really bad spellers they put RTIC on their Yeti knockoffs. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I could be wrong, but I seem to recall having seen warnings about this on YETI’s site (or maybe RTIC’s?).

Many “YETI” items on eBay shipping from China.