Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs and pork tenderloin

Options
UNCHeels08
UNCHeels08 Posts: 116
edited March 2018 in EggHead Forum
Had a great weekend of food, family, and basketball with some ribs on Saturday and pork tenderloin Friday. 

Ribs were baby backs rubbed woth Plowboys Yardbird some turbo style around 315, no foil. Two racks were regular Sweet Baby Rays for all the kids and the others were a hoisin garlic sauce with sesame seeds and green onions. That was a pretty awesome combo. And even better, my four year old now loves ribs. 

Used a raspberry chipotle sauce for the pork tenderloins in a quest to make one my wife likes (yeah I know, who doesn’t like pork tenderloin?). And this did the trick. Cooked direct at 400 and pulled at 145. Nothing too special here but they came out really well for everyone. Thanks for looking. 

Raleigh, NC

LBGE

Comments

• Woodchunk
    Woodchunk Posts: 911
    Options
    That's a great looking cook. The ribs- yummm
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    Nom nom!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Yes sir I’d kill that 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Smokeydawg
    Options
    Great looking food!
    Dacula, GA       LG & MM BGE's   
  • UNCHeels08
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I’m happy with how the ribs turned out since it was the first time not doing a 3-1-1 type technique. This was less work and I liked the bark better. These were around 300-315 for about two hours using the toothpick method.

Sauced around 1:40 and then five minutes before coming off. Probably a bit oversauced but my family likes a lot of sauce (and mild sauce at that smh). I tasted a bit of them pre sauce and the flavor was great, could really taste the meat and the rub. Might leave a half rack completely unsauced for me next time.  

I took the lazy way out with pre made sauces. Highly recommend the Soy Vay Hoisin Garlic as a change of pace, I just added a touch of sriracha and then chopped green onions and more sesame seeds at the end. Could have used some more heat in my mind, but a great sauce for folks that don’t like heat or for kids. 

The Fischer and Wieser raspberry chipotle sauce was awesome and my kids and nieces/nephews loved it. I followed the recipe on their bottle with an olive oil/garlic/rosemary marinade and just added Raging River before putting it on. Then blasted with the glaze throughout the cook. Can’t wait to try that on other stuff, I bet it’d be great on ribs too. Their bottle also says to pour it over a block of cream cheese with crackers for an easy appetizer. 

It’s fun to experiment with sauces but when we had 5 kids under 8 running around most of the weekend, it was nice to not have to worry about the sauce at all. 
    Raleigh, NC

LBGE
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    It all looks really good!  Can you give the recipe for the hoisin sauce?
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Wow!  It all looks GREAT!  Fantastic job!
  • UNCHeels08
    Options
    It all looks really good!  Can you give the recipe for the hoisin sauce?
    No recipe, just used store bought Soy Vay Hoisin Garlic sauce. Added probably just a tablespoon squirt of sriracha and then chopped green onions/sesame seeds as a garnish. 
    Raleigh, NC

LBGE