Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smobot Website

Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
Is anyone having issues with the Smobot Website for controlling the device?

Mysmobot.smobot.com

It will not let me login.  I reset my password and can login one time, but it only takes me to my profile settings.  No controller.

Then the second time I login it says username not found.  Did this roundabout deal twice.  Same result each time.
A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    I seemed to log in fine.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    HeavyG said:
    I seemed to log in fine.

Thanks.  Problem must be on my end.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited March 2018
    Just made an entirely new account.  Everything is working now.

Interesting side note, the new account pulled in all my old archived cook data.  Must be tied to my Smobot ID.  @reinhart36 is that intentional?
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Hey Oz, no issues with mine, yet. I will say this though, my last two cooks with the smobot was not exceptional, but that nay indeed be an issue with me.
    I just logged in, everything seems to be ok.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • reinhart36
    reinhart36 Posts: 253
    Hey @Ozzie_Isaac - sorry you had trouble with www.mysmobot.com (same thing as mysmobot.smobot.com these days).

I'll have to check with Curtis on what the issue may have been.  One thing to note, is that username is case-sensitive, which has caused a few people issues.  I think we're going to fix that soon.

I'll get back with you via email on why you may have needed to re-register your account.  Your historical data is indeed associated with the controller ID number, not the username, as you noticed.

PS - you can reach me much more reliably by email or a support ticket if any issue ever comes up (or text).  For some reason, I almost never receive the email notices when I'm tagged in a post here.

Thanks,
    Eric
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Eric -

Thanks for the response.  It wasn't a big deal and I know you are swamped with orders so didn't want to bother you.

Still rocking my beta unit.  It's been used and abused but working like a champ.  After registering today it's worked great all day.  Used it to keep an eye on a pork butt while I was at a party across town.