Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ AND MUSIC IN TAMPA FLORIDA

Options
A buddy of mine is on the board of his local YMCA.  Last year we did a BBQ fundraiser for the Y at his house and this Saturday is the 2nd annual.  There is no admission nor any cost for the food.  If you'd like to make a donation, great.  if not, no problem.  Come join us if you are in the Tampa area.  Festivities start at 1:00 and music at 3:00.  Supposed to end at 6:00, but you know how that goes. @thetrim helped us out last year prepping the food and should be there again along with his buddy @WhiteyQ.  The menu will consist of 60 pounds of brisket, 60 pounds of pulled pork, 18 racks of St. Louis ribs, 15 pounds of Pit Beef, various flavors of chicken wings, pig shots, bacon wrapped jalapenos, oysters, beans, coleslaw, cajun potato salad, greek salad, chopped salad, veggie pasta salad, pies, cakes, brownies, iced tea, lemonade, water, craft kegged beer, and bud & bud light cans.  Address is 4607 West Browning Tampa, Florida  33629.  i will try and post pictures during the day.
South Buffalo, New York

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    I want to go to there.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options
    Dilly Dilly! 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Ima be there this year and will do my best to help with the prep on Friday afternoon.  This isn't quite ButtBlast South or the Borsket Camp of the East, but I'm sure it will be a great time, and I look forward to seeing you and Mike again.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Suddenly I wish I was closer to Tampa. That sounds like quite the party. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • thetrim
    Options
    Hope @CigarCityEgger and @FLgrillinGirl can make it!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Sounds like an awesome event. Unfortunately I will be at Hunapuh’s day (Cigar city beerfest), hopefully next year it falls on a different weekend, have fun!
  • tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Options
    I sure am going to try and make it! Sounds great! Gives me a perfect excuse to change my plans and NOT head to the NC mountains and get rid a 3 trees lost during recent bad weather.
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    Was supposed to get in at midnight last  night.  Had to sleep in Charlotte.  At last minute decided to do pastrami.  Depot bought desalinate for 24 hours  on egg for 8-10 and then sous vide.  

South Buffalo, New York
  • thetrim
    Options
    Keep at it Moose!  See you tomorrow!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Hope we can get a forum presence tomorrow for @BUFFALOMOOSE and Mike's hard work!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    Briskets are on. Pit beef using a sirloin  tip and the pastrami are in the sous vide.  4 of the 6 butts are pulled and are chillin ready for the sous vide in the morning.  Heading in the right direction. 

South Buffalo, New York
  • BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    Would be awesome to meet you @tml1230
    South Buffalo, New York
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Sounds like a good time for a good cause! Hope it all goes great for you guys.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Have a great day. Good on you! We’re working on some preliminary outlines for doing something with our local United way group. Started off as a discussion of a rib contest, but I wonder if just a straight forward bulk cook and sales would be more doable and better in the long run. Maybe have a small comp within that framework for chits and giggles. 
  • BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    Some pictures. First brisket was a little crispy on the bottom. Hoping the other 3 aren't the same way. Found out too late that the thermometer  was reading low 
    South Buffalo, New York
  • BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    Will try again
    South Buffalo, New York
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Looks like you guys are rockin' right along! :) 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    Pastrami. 
    Followed @The Cen-Tex Smoker receipe and turned out great.  Thanks Tex.  
    South Buffalo, New York
  • thetrim
    Options
    I have to tell you that @BUFFALOMOOSE was kicking a$$ on a couple offsets and a BGE all night and all day today.  He put out some amazing grub!  It was great seeing you again, and can't wait to get together again soon, my friend!  Thank you so much for the invite!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    It was great seeing you Steve.  Hopefully I can make it to Butt Blast and I can help you drink some of your bourbon winnings. 
    South Buffalo, New York
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    Wow.  Great cook with a lot of work.  Way to go.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    Thanks folks for all the comments and compliments  Money is still coming in and we are at $7,000 raised.  Great day and time had by all  
    South Buffalo, New York
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    @thetrim - thanks for the shout out. I would have loved to attend but had a very busy weekend at Valspar Championship and the St. Pete Grand Prix. Maybe the dates will fall differently next year. 
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini