Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I took the Mini Max on a road trip...

Back in my pre-postal days in the mid nineties an annual “camping” trip was born. The 5 of us were coworkers at the time and although we have all gone our separate ways...the trip lives on. The mini max has made the pilgrimage to the Alabama/Mississippi line with me the last 2 years and I happened to catch a pretty cool pic during one of the many rain showers that we had to put up with throughout the weekend. 
The MM was busy several times with burgers, steaks, and ribs but I decided to take a weekend off from snapping food photos and just enjoyed the many stories and the just catching up...
Wetumpka, Alabama
LBGE and MM

Comments

• Very cool. Great memories and great eats, no doubt. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Good times roll with an egg on the tailgate.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Nice picture. Sounds like a great time!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    We take ours with us when we camp as well. About 30 trips thus far. Love it.

Great pics of great times. Thank you for sharing.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • FHawk
    FHawk Posts: 10
    God's country.

Large BGE, Medium BGE, Small BGE, Large Grill Dome, Large Kamado (2), Small Imperial Kamado.
    Huntsville, AL
    RTR !
  • Do you take any precautions with it as far as the insides go? I'd like to take my MM tailgating but don't know how it will do on the road.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Truth....you walked over to see if there was a pot of gold didn't you?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Do you take any precautions with it as far as the insides go? I'd like to take my MM tailgating but don't know how it will do on the road.
    I put mine in the back of the truck, nothing special with the insides. I will put stuff in it like lump, gloves or things needed for camping, but none were intended for making the egg safer for travel.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Do you take any precautions with it as far as the insides go? I'd like to take my MM tailgating but don't know how it will do on the road.
    @SurfingEgg321 I usually grab a box and put some of the "parts" in there during travel. The daisy wheel, grate, grid, fire ring etc. I haven't had any problems so far. I say go for it!
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Truth....you walked over to see if there was a pot of gold didn't you?
    Well...i was drinking...and was talking about it...but was told that the septic tank was "acting up" over there in that area. I decided to skip it this time!

But to tell you the truth. I don't think i'll ever be closer to a rainbow in my life. In hindsight, i wish i had walked over and had a few pics snapped...
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    I have smiled at each and every addition to this great post. As a guy who feels blessed to have added a MM to my collection off eggs, you guys really get it.
    Add a bag of rockwood to that tailgate and the rainbow ...And the only thing missing is a Gator bumper sticker! 
    Thanks for posting!
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !