Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak, Wine, Hockey....ahhhh! (PICS)

Rich G
Rich G Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, a rare night in my house tonight....my wife and kids are all out (Disney on Ice.) So, being a red-blooded, American male, I thought that steak would be appropriate for dinner.[p]Here is the 2" bone-in ribeye I picked up at the market:[p]RibEye_Unseasoned_102506.jpg[p]Here it is seasoned with salt, pepper and some garlic powder:[p]RibEye_Seasoned_102506.jpg[p]After cooking "old style" (aka: pre-T-Rex) at about 500 degrees for 22 mins:[p]RibEye_Grilled_102506.jpg[p]On the plate (with a bit of vino to go with it):[p]RibEye_Plated_102506.jpg[p]Close-up:[p]RibEye_CloseUp_102506.jpg[p]An (temporarily) empty house, a big steak, decent cabernet sauvignon, and a hockey game......Every now and then you need some time like this to slow down and recharge a bit. :)[p]Rich

Comments