Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hershey's Gold Anyone tried it?

Options
stv8r
stv8r Posts: 1,127
I did the other night expecting something tasty with Caramel, pretzels and peanuts.   No thanks.....Won't buy another.  Kinda gross.

Comments

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    That's not what Apollo said. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Never heard of it.  I did see Morgan Freeman doing a commercial for Mountain Dew Ice though and thought “does he really need the money that badly?”
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    It's weird. First time I tried it I liked it. then I got the king size and hated it. Now I'm undecided.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Never heard of it.  I did see Morgan Freeman doing a commercial for Mountain Dew Ice though and thought “does he really need the money that badly?”
    You continue to bad mouth Morgan and justin may stab you with a thermapen at butt blast. 
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    It's weird. First time I tried it I liked it. then I got the king size and hated it. Now I'm undecided.
    I had the King size too.  First bite was hmmm not too bad.  Then just Oh No I don't want this...
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    You continue to bad mouth Morgan and justin may stab you with a thermapen at butt blast. 
    Well ok but can he explain the Mountain Dew ice commercial?
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Life is too short for sh!t chocolate. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    He could, but it'd be 100% bullshït.  He's a master bullshïtter. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    He could, but it'd be 100% bullshït.  He's a master bullshïtter. 
    Apple, tree, natch.
  • baychilla
    Options
    Unless Hersheys Gold is another name for Scharffenberger which they bought (and probably hosed) I'd give it a pass as the normal Hersheys to me tasted like sugar, milk chocolate vomit.
    Near San Francisco in California
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Well, I don’t have a hoighty toighty chocolate palate, but that color is all wrong.  Needs to not look like a chocolate bar probably so you don’t compare it to actual chocolate.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I like hersheys with almonds. But they need to up the almond quotient in em. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:
    I believe that’s called the Hershey Squirt. Been there, not recommended. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I just buy a bar made of actual chocolate every now and then. I noticed that Hershey seems to be stuffing everything imaginable able into a bar in order to minimize the “chocolate “ used.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I just buy a bar made of actual chocolate every now and then. I noticed that Hershey seems to be stuffing everything imaginable able into a bar in order to minimize the “chocolate “ used.
    Cacao Prices are insane right now. I get what they are doing. Nobody is going to buy a $3 **** Hershey bar.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    caliking said:
    I can say with some confidence, that if anyone here knows anything about "the chocolate highway"... 'tis me.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    I can say with some confidence, that if anyone here knows anything about "the chocolate highway"... 'tis me.
    Forgot who I was talking to for a minute. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    $1,000,000 for one hour on the set?

Sure, he probably doesn't need the money but he also doesn't have Bezos/Buffet/Gates money either.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• EggObsessed
    Options
    The ingredients sounded so good, so I bought one.  How could THIS be bad???  Well, it was GROSS!  Total "MISS" on Hershey's part.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    I thought these were horrible. My l=wife loved them. I guess it's different strokes for different folks.
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I had two of the regular size yesterday.  One after lunch and another after dinner.  I liked it.  Haven't seen the king size one yet.  I haven't found many candy bars I don't like.

How many people have had the Cherry Mash?

Related image
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I started to pick one up out of curiosity whilst standing in the checkout line at CVS last week but was too skeptical.  Y'all have confirmed my suspicions. Winning!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I had two of the regular size yesterday.  One after lunch and another after dinner.  I liked it.  Haven't seen the king size one yet.  I haven't found many candy bars I don't like.

Related image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options

Related image

Ya, but they are good and have been around for 100 years now.  That's on old candy bar that is made about 60 miles from my house.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/article196508024.html

XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.