Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA - Rockwood lump on sale at Ace on-line

Comments

• Hntrss
    Hntrss Posts: 16
    4 bags ordered.  Thanks!
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    I bit for 4 bags...never drink while surfing this site.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Ordered mine, too. Nice because the local Ace is a lot closer than the place I usually get it. I'll be interested to see what condition it gets here in.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Just ordered 4 bags! Thanks for the heads up!!
    NW IOWA
  • I had just received 3 bags direct from the Rockwood website.  It will be interesting to compare the condition of the lump when I get the 4 bags from Ace.
    XL and a Mini-Max.
    Boca Raton, FL
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    You can get a free bag with purchase of a table
    Also free freight on up to 10 bags at $20 each
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Tspud1 said:
    @Tspud1 what’s the lowest price for a large egg table?
  • OK I just jumped on the Rockwood bandwagon with this deal, 4 bags.  First time ordering from Ace ship to store, and will be my first time using Rockwood.  Looking forward to trying Rockwood after years of putting up with cheap but inconsistent RO. 
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    OK I just jumped on the Rockwood bandwagon with this deal, 4 bags.  First time ordering from Ace ship to store, and will be my first time using Rockwood.  Looking forward to trying Rockwood after years of putting up with cheap but inconsistent RO. 
    You won’t be disappointed. 
    NW IOWA
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    slovelad said:
    Tspud1 said:
    @Tspud1 what’s the lowest price for a large egg table?
    $997.50 plus shipping. Best rates are to a business address or picked up at truck terminal, residential delivery with lift gate adds fees.
  • Woody
    Woody Posts: 125
    Thanks for the heads up.  Ordered up 8 bags at my local store.   Whole lot easier to transport from my local Ace than taking 8 bags to Michigan from St. Louis last time I was visiting my mom in St. Louis.
    Woody in Northville, MI
    Large BGE with AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware Cap, Wok, Grill Grates and Kettle Q
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Thanks for the heads up. I ordered a few bags.
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA

• I ordered 4 bags earlier today. Denied. Anyone else getting shot down?
    Joliet, IL
    Large, Mini, Stoker, Smobot
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    That's it? No why?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• We regret to inform you that we are unable to complete your order 4104654777. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

The following item(s) is unavailable at Buikema's Ace Hardware 131 and has been cancelled from your order.
    Joliet, IL
  • I think I will try placing the order through another store. I chose the ship to store option for my nearest Ace. 
    Joliet, IL
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    I think I will try placing the order through another store. I chose the ship to store option for my nearest Ace. 
    Sorry about that, not sure what the deal is.  Especially since that is a corporate owned store and we're in dozens of the other corporate owned stores.  RW is not stocked in that location yet, but it is in other Buikema's.  That family's group of stores just got bought by Westlake (Ace's corporate owned chain of stores), so maybe there's something up in the background and it's just bad timing.  Pick another store and let us know how it goes.

If anyone else runs into this, please post or email me.  This is the first one of these deals, so I have no idea what to expect.  I had no idea it was going to be on the website, I thought it was only a few states/regions.

If you're in selected markets in southern states (below about the 37th parallel), you may see it advertised in on the 4th page of the Ace flyer in the junk mail and Sunday paper.  Or go to the website, and click "SHOP OUR AD".  Enter your ZIP, select your store, and if the "Spring Kick Off Regional Event" pops up, it should be in the store for that price.  Go back to the product page and enter your ZIP into the CHECK AVAILABILITY box and see if it's in stock.  (It will NOT be in the month long Feb Hot Buys ad.)

Please let me know you're experiences with this......good or bad.

• Thanks @stlcharcoal. As usual, you go above and beyond with helpful information. The other store I was going to try is owned by the same family (apparently not for long).  There is one more in town not owned by them. I will try again. BTW they actually had Rockwood on the shelf at that store last time I was there. 
    Joliet, IL
  • I ordered 4 bags this morning with no problem for pickup here in CT.
  • Anyone know if it's best to still order in increments of 3 thru Ace like it was with Firecraft?
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    coomdaddy said:
    Anyone know if it's best to still order in increments of 3 thru Ace like it was with Firecraft?

It doesn't matter.....it's not going in a box.  It goes in a pallet sized shipping container.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,357
    Picked up my 4 bags today, in perfect shape  B)
    Jacksonville FL
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    I ordered in Naples. No problem ( don’t have it yer but the sale completed just fine )
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    4 bags ordered, got charged the ~$20 price for each.  thanks for the info
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Just picked up my 4 bags at the local Ace. Seems to be in decent condition so that was definitely a nice deal. Thanks!

Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Picked up 4 bags from my local Ace.
    BGE Large, MiniMax & Mini; Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5" & E-310 natural gas; CyberQ Cloud; Flame Boss 200; ThermoWorks Smoke & Thermopen Mk4
    Washington, DC Metro Area
  • I also just picked up 4 bags from my local Ace.  The manager said I could pick them up around back in the trailer next to the other 3 bags that were just delivered from another internet order.  She continued by asking,  "what are those things on sale or something?"  I told her they were and said that this was my first internet order with Ace ever.  Then I asked her what other types of lump they sold, she responded by saying BGE and Cowboy.  I gave her my unsolicited two cents on the benefits of Rockwood over the two types she currently offered and suggested she should consider stocking her shelves with it regularly.
    XL and a Mini-Max.
    Boca Raton, FL
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    I am trying to buy, but I just keep getting a spinning circle when processing.  Never stops.
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Also, when I add more than 4 the price jumps. ?