Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA - Rockwood lump on sale at Ace on-line

Options
13»

Comments

• baychilla
    Options
    The limit is 4 so the price should go up for subsequent bags.
    Near San Francisco in California
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    10-4.

anyone else having problems making the sale?
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Four bags ordered! Thanks!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    stompbox said:
    I am trying to buy, but I just keep getting a spinning circle when processing.  Never stops.
    You can order by calling the toll free number.
  • run53
    run53 Posts: 121
    Options
    yeah....limit of 4 per order. but it seems you can place more than 1 order if you need more.
    Large BGE - 2017
    PSWoo with extention
    Thermopen and DOT

Boston, Mass
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    stompbox said:
    Also, when I add more than 4 the price jumps. ?
    Someone said the deal is only good for up to 4 bags
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • stompbox
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Oy vey.... so 2 hours later after nine of the attempts finalizing on my screen, I just received 2 order confirmations for 4 bags.  I wonder how many orders I will end up getting. (Forehead slap)
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    stompbox said:
    Oy vey.... so 2 hours later after nine of the attempts finalizing on my screen, I just received 2 order confirmations for 4 bags.  I wonder how many orders I will end up getting. (Forehead slap)
    At least you are getting a good deal...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Okay, my 4 bag order went thru just fine about a week ago. Arrived at my local Ace yesterday, picked up this morning. Haven't opened a bag yet, but they felt "right" as I was loading them into my car.

As long as I can buy the excellent Wicked Good for $13+/20 lb bag, I doubt I'll buy more RW (especially not for the regular $25 price!), but I finally decided to see what the fuss was about.

As a reminder, the $19.99 w/ free ship to store sale is apparently thru 2/26/18 if anyone's interested. Add to cart to see sale price.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=142863556

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• etherdome
    Options
    Okay, my 4 bag order went thru just fine about a week ago. Arrived at my local Ace yesterday, picked up this morning. Haven't opened a bag yet, but they felt "right" as I was loading them into my car.

As long as I can buy the excellent Wicked Good for $13+/20 lb bag, I doubt I'll buy more RW (especially not for the regular $25 price!), but I finally decided to see what the fuss was about.

As a reminder, the $19.99 w/ free ship to store sale is apparently thru 2/26/18 if anyone's interested. Add to cart to see sale price.

Where do you get wicked good?
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    etherdome said:

Where do you get wicked good?
    From their distribution center in Holyoke Mass, about 30 miles from my house. They do ship pallets, but I don't know pricing.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options

How do you get WG for 13$?
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Hans61 said:

How do you get WG for 13$?
    I drive 30 miles to their distribution center and go in with some other guys and buy 30 bags. Last purchase was with two others - we each bought 10 bags. Helps to live near Holyoke Mass.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Last Call.......ends tonight or tomorrow (not sure.)
  • stompbox
    Options
    I picked up my 8 bags tonight  =)
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    Picked up my 4 bags on this sale yesterday. I had just picked up 4 bags two weeks ago, but couldn't resist the sale. When they called to tell me it was in, they offered to keep 4 bags in stock so I don't have to wait for the order next time; I thought that was really nice of them. I was not a regular customer until Rockwood arrived.

This is my third or fourth order from them since they started carrying it, some of the staff are getting curious why Rockwood and not Cowboy or BGE, I'm trying to educate them......
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Cashfan said:
    Picked up my 4 bags on this sale yesterday. I had just picked up 4 bags two weeks ago, but couldn't resist the sale. When they called to tell me it was in, they offered to keep 4 bags in stock so I don't have to wait for the order next time; I thought that was really nice of them. I was not a regular customer until Rockwood arrived.

This is my third or fourth order from them since they started carrying it, some of the staff are getting curious why Rockwood and not Cowboy or BGE, I'm trying to educate them......
    What's the location so we can add the to the locator?

Also, make sure you sign up for the rewards.  You'll never pay full price again with the way they send out coupons and discount codes.  It's seriously the best rewards program I've ever been in as a consumer.
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    Just ordered three more. Picked up three last Friday. Cooked all weekend and tonight with it. I forgot what a superior product RW is.  
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    Cashfan said:

What's the location so we can add the to the locator?

Also, make sure you sign up for the rewards.  You'll never pay full price again with the way they send out coupons and discount codes.  It's seriously the best rewards program I've ever been in as a consumer.
    Tiger Ace Hardware in Stewartville, Mn

I have the rewards, hoping for some good coupons soon!
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I picked up 4 bags last week and 4 more are ready for pick up today.
    I was just starting to put dent in my charcoal stash...Shelves full again.
    Wife did ask what the expiration date on lump charcoal was awhile ago.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Finally stopped raining here... grabbing my four bags tomorrow! 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Aaaaaand the mods have killed the thread
    Large BGE and Medium BGE