Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hi All, newbie to site here from the UK

Hi all, thanks for letting me join, this looks like the place to learn about the BGE..... i have had one for a few months and i must say yes it has change the way i cook on BBQ food now, I am keen to learn so please don't get annoyed if i post a few times asking questions that may be basics but us UK'ers are only just learning the ways. Anyway many thanks for the add to the group and hope to learn a lot....Rick

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Hi Rick, welcome aboard. There are a few of us on here from the UK, but we are thinly spread across the country. Where are you based? We are near Gainsborough, Lincolnshire. A lot of info can be found by searching, the main thing is to post up your cooks with pictures and spend time reading the cook threads to get ideas.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Welcome to the cult Rick.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,182
    edited February 2018
    Welcome. I am not from the U.K., but you are are in good company with @Eoin, @TheToast, and @Stormbringer, to name a few. 

• Eoin said:
    Hi Rick, welcome aboard. There are a few of us on here from the UK, but we are thinly spread across the country. Where are you based? We are near Gainsborough, Lincolnshire. A lot of info can be found by searching, the main thing is to post up your cooks with pictures and spend time reading the cook threads to get ideas.
    You make it sound as though it’s not really about the Friday night buffoonery.

;) 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Welcome! Ask away with questions. Always someone here willing to help out
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Welcome, sit back and enjoy the ride
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Hey.....welcome to the asylum!
    Glad to have you around.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Welcome aboard!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Welcome aboard. So as to head off any confusion, you will occasionally see reference on here to UK. Just know that there is a college basketball team here in the US (not a very good one) that also hales by that name.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Welcome Rick.... glad you are enjoying your egg and look forward to seeing your cooks. Ask your questions.. you will get great help here both for cooks and help spending your money!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Welcome to the playground.
    Ask/post away, we like pics.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Welcome aboard. So as to head off any confusion, you will occasionally see reference on here to UK. Just know that there is a college basketball team here in the US (not a very good one) that also hales by that name.
    Welcome aboard man.  UK-Mericas team.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Gotta admit that when I first moved to KY it took me quite a while to sort out which was which in a general story head-line.  Slow learner here.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Welcome. Glad to have you here. 
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,716
    Welcome aboard!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    Looking forward to your posts/pics and do checkout @Stormbringer food blog link.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Eoin said:
    You make it sound as though it’s not really about the Friday night buffoonery.

;) 
    It's Saturday morning buffoonery over there.

Welcome Rick! Ask away. We are glad to help. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    The Cen-Tex Smoker said:.......It's Saturday morning buffoonery over there......
    Buffoonery knows no boundaries.
  • Eoin said:
    The Cen-Tex Smoker said:.......It's Saturday morning buffoonery over there......
    Buffoonery knows no boundaries.
    this is true. We can even agree on the spelling on this one 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Welcome!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Welcome aboard! You will talk to some  of the best and nicest folks here ....with great BGE  cooking skills .....also ..... U will read comments  and useless opinions from Some of the  funniest SOB's u will ever come in contact with...  ( do you have that  SOB identifier in the UK?).  Again welcome to the puzzle factory!
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • Welcome aboard. So as to head off any confusion, you will occasionally see reference on here to UK. Just know that there is a college basketball team here in the US (not a very good one) that also hales by that name.
    Welcome aboard Rick! Brush up on your lump knowledge is the main thing.

@northGAcock I don't think there will be any confusion since the college is a lower case uk.=)
  • Welcome Rick! I can’t tell you how much info I’ve gotten from this forum since I got my egg last summer. 
    Raleigh, NC

LBGE
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Welcome aboard. 
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Welcome Rick!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Thanks for welcome mails guys, am from the UK small little place called New Whittington which is just outside Chesterfield. and am sure i will be posting and joining in with cooks and pics. 
  • TheToast
    TheToast Posts: 376
    Welcome to the board and egg life. I'm a London Egg person.

We only have two rules here: 1) Post loads of photos of whatever you cook. 2) At weekends, when the moderators are snoozing, post threads about Trump

One of those is bad advice