Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Post your latest Cast Iron Score here......

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
edited February 2018 in Off Topic
Share uses, dimensions and size of egg it / they will fit on.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options

Nice gift from the woman that's been trouble all your life!

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I got that, but I think I got a 16” or so, I got it primarily for inside use when we want to do a large batch of shrimp and grits or steaks. Can’t wait to use it on my new stove, just got a thermador  =)
  • northGAcock
    Options

Nice gift from the woman that's been trouble all your life!

Don't get me started...... =)

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    Wife purchased me a delayed gift (haven't the first clue why) for Christmas. This is the Lodge 10 1\4 inch Cast iron pan Item # L8SKL  F4794

Fits nicely on my Medium Egg. No need to saw off any handles.
     Made in Merica.

Thanks! I have been looking for one that will fit on the Medium!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • Woodchunk
    Options
    This was ours, plan on using them for fried eggs on burgers http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1211278/small-ci#latest

i really like like your lodge, I have a medium also. Was that bought on line?
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,112
    Options
    I picked up a 10" from TJ Max for about 40% off what I had seen other places over the holidays and it then became a christmas present.   I have an 8" very old skillet but it wouldnt fit a whole slice of bacon in it so I wanted a bigger one.  No idea how much bacon I have made since then but its getting some nice seasoning built up.

Nice surprise is that my 5qt DO lid fits it perfectly, found that out accidentally while making over the top chili and just wanting to put the lid somewhere for a second.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Wife purchased me a delayed gift (haven't the first clue why) for Christmas. This is the Lodge 10 1\4 inch Cast iron pan Item # L8SKL  F4794

Made in Merica.
    Did you really expect her to be early?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    JRWhitee said:

Made in Merica.
    After the towel warmer, I’m surprised she got him anything. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    JRWhitee said:

Made in Merica.
    Don’t no what I was thinking. I finally asked her today about the half dozen Xmas decorations that have been on the dinning room table. Not much of a response....I boxed the up. Shaking my head.

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    Options
    Found these two while going through some of my brother's stuff. They were kinda cruddy and covered with rust spots, but I got them cleaned nicely and seasoned pretty good. The bigger one is a regular ole Lodge. Not sure what the smaller one with the duck is, but I kinda like it.

• epcotisbest
    Options
    A quick google search shows the duck is part of a wildlife series, also Lodge. There are apparently other designs including fish, deer and hunting dog.
  • northGAcock
    Options
    JRWhitee said:

Made in Merica.
    After the towel warmer, I’m surprised she got him anything. 
    Look, she will get her ear rings in due time. Used it today....it was real nice. 

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Got to try this one out tonight for the first time. I bought it for Paella from BB&B and it fits perfectly in a large. 

Cant remember the manufacturer (it’s the only one of its kind on their website) but it worked great for venison and chicken fajitas tonight. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

Not sure what the smaller one with the duck is, but I kinda like it.

@epcotisbest I just saw these you posted. The duck is part of a Lodge (at least I think it was Lodge) set they made a while back. My granddad gave me his. I have the fish and the dog. I think there were quite a few types they made. If you ever decide you need to find a home for it let me know. I was thinking about my next outdoor kitchen set up to find a couple of them and use them as decorations I could actually use. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• epcotisbest
    Options

@epcotisbest I just saw these you posted. The duck is part of a Lodge (at least I think it was Lodge) set they made a while back. My granddad gave me his. I have the fish and the dog. I think there were quite a few types they made. If you ever decide you need to find a home for it let me know. I was thinking about my next outdoor kitchen set up to find a couple of them and use them as decorations I could actually use. 

Thanks for the offer, but since it used to belong to my brother, it has a lot of sentimental value to me. Think I will keep it forever. May never use it, but will probably display it sometime.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options

Thanks for the offer, but since it used to belong to my brother, it has a lot of sentimental value to me. Think I will keep it forever. May never use it, but will probably display it sometime.
    I would too.
    My Ma's coveted red LC DO is displayed on my kitchen hutch.  It gets use, just not in the egg.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Options
    Happy Taco Tuesday iron lovers.
    Rick is bringing the heat, love the end.  B)
    https://youtu.be/HclIUAdX0uw
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    The problem I have with Rick is, he makes me think of Skip! :anguished:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Focker
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The problem I have with Rick is, he makes me think of Skip! :anguished:
    Rick gets a pass for his brother, as Rick is an inspiration.  Skip.....is Skip. Lol
    More Mexican Everyday is on the upcoming income tax fun $$$ budget.  They wanted too much for it at Frontera Grill, picked up coffee beans instead.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Nice looking cook, Rick.  I don't know if I could handle the angry serrano, but I'd give it a whirl!  Interesting how quickly he sliced the beef and didn't let it rest at all. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    I was recently gifted this dutch oven.  It's a lodge, but I don't know how old.  The person who gave it to me said he found it forty years ago in a building he bought.  I still need to clean it and reseason it.  I'm thinking this will become my dedicated BGE DO.  I like using enameled indoors. 

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I was recently gifted this dutch oven.  It's a lodge, but I don't know how old.  The person who gave it to me said he found it forty years ago in a building he bought.  I still need to clean it and reseason it.  I'm thinking this will become my dedicated BGE DO.  I like using enameled indoors. 

This looks like lodge's fairly new pro logic line.  I could be wrong.

Check out the link, and click on the dimensions tab for better pics.

http://shop.lodgemfg.com/dutch-ovens/pro-logic-4-quart-cast-iron-dutch-oven.asp
    Phoenix 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    blasting said:

This looks like lodge's fairly new pro logic line.  I could be wrong.

Check out the link, and click on the dimensions tab for better pics.

http://shop.lodgemfg.com/dutch-ovens/pro-logic-4-quart-cast-iron-dutch-oven.asp
    Agree, I don't think it's vintage. But a solid piece for cooking on the 
    Egg.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    @blasting and @Photo Egg - I think y'all are spot on.  File this under "don't look a gift horse in the mouth'

I'm still looking forward to getting this thing cleaned up.  First cook will probobly be chili. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Focker
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Today's $20 unmarked #9 Griswold, in with the overpriced small logos for $50.  $2 Flint spatula, another hidden gem.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Focker said:
    Today's $20 unmarked #9 Griswold, in with the overpriced small logos for $50.  $2 Flint spatula, another hidden gem. 
    @Focker How can you tell that's a Gris?

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Focker
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Focker said:
    The 3 digit pattern number at 1200.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Focker said:
    Focker said:
    The 3 digit pattern number at 1200.
    Thanks. I assume they had diff patt numbers for diff pans so any 3 digits = gris? 

Michael 
    Central Connecticut