Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Way OT the "BBQ Brethren"

Options
2»

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited February 2018
    Options
    When I joined the BBQ Brethren forum years ago it took a few days to get accepted and to post. They get busy with life and work as we all do. Just go to the bottom of the page and click on "contact us" ask where they are at in the process.

I was well received posting as an EggHead. And there are quite a few over there with ceramic cookers. In fact the first BBQ Brethren bash we went to I took my deep fryer! And then later on we took the MiniMAX a couple of times. One of the Brethren even posted that they really appreciated the EggHeads cooking at the Bash. Raising the bar so to speak. I have met some really great guys on the BBQ Brethren forum and the same is true for this forum. With my new Shirley and never burning sticks before The Brethren have schooled me on the fine art of cooking with sticks. Same goes for the EggHead forum. I have learned a lot from this forum, Both are my go to for when I need help with a cook.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • BikerBob
    BikerBob Posts: 284
    Options
    Not a member, but some threads seem to be based on commercial BBQ operations with good information on food handling safety and I've gotten some good information on portions and reheating.

Bob
    Cooking on the coast
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    Taco Bell 12 pack
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • baychilla
    Options
    Ahh I see that, my join date is blank.
    Near San Francisco in California
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Taco Bell 12 pack
    Yup.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • baychilla
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Taco Bell 12 pack
    Confused.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    baychilla said:
    thetrim said:
    Taco Bell 12 pack
    Confused.
    PM thetrim, he'll clear it up pronto.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Hey, speaking of alternative forums, whatever happened to the BGE forum guy who started his own forum - then got ran off??
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,923
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Hey, speaking of alternative forums, whatever happened to the BGE forum guy who started his own forum - then got ran off??
    Honestly I have no clue what you are talking about. Can you give us some clues as for time frame or issues that caused him to bail out and hope for a following?
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    RRP said:
    SoCalTim said:
    Honestly I have no clue what you are talking about. Can you give us some clues as for time frame or issues that caused him to bail out and hope for a following?
    About 4 or 5 yrs ago, a forum member broke off and started his own forum - he got ran off because he started using this forum for recruiting. Surely someone remembers and this wasn’t a dream i dreamt?
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,638
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    RRP said:
    SoCalTim said:
    About 4 or 5 yrs ago, a forum member broke off and started his own forum - he got ran off because he started using this forum for recruiting. Surely someone remembers and this wasn’t a dream i dreamt?
    The Nest.  I think his name was zarcon or something.  I think he just wanted a forum with more features, don’t think he meant any trouble.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Legume said:
    SoCalTim said:
    RRP said:
    SoCalTim said:
    The Nest.  I think his name was zarcon or something.  I think he just wanted a forum with more features, don’t think he meant any trouble.
    He was a jackwagon.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume
    Options
    Ah, well there you go.  Jackwagon it is.
  • DMW
    Options
    Legume said:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1173480/taking-a-break-from-ehf/p1
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume
    Options
    DMW said:
    Legume said:
    That’s really funny, forgot about most of that.  I remember when cen-tex used to post.
  • baychilla
    Options
    It appears that outlook decided to be "helpful" and diverted the mail into a spam folder on Monday.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Used to love that place. Had some drama with the SF owners that pushed me away for good.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    It’s a blog on facebook now. He’s selling fire wires and smokeware caps etc. Found it the other day. Bgenest

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Legume said:
    DMW said:
    Legume said:
    That’s really funny, forgot about most of that.  I remember when cen-tex used to post.
    I’m a kinder, gentler Centex these days. See you tommorw at dinner. We can talk smack in person :)
  • DMW
    Options

Legume said:
    DMW said:
    Legume said:
    I’m a kinder, gentler Centex these days. See you tommorw at dinner. We can talk smack in person :)
    Wow, you're mean.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I dunno what it is about the brethren site but I always found myself in some sort of pissing match with someone. It was all me but I just could never figure out how to act over there. I guess they were not used to my witty banter and charming reparte’ . I finally did everyone a favor and showed myself the door
  • DMW
    Options
    I dunno what it is about the brethren site but I always found myself in some sort of pissing match with someone. It was all me but I just could never figure out how to act over there. I guess they were not used to my witty banter and charming reparte’ . I finally did everyone a favor and showed myself the door
    How could that possibly be? You are such a lovely flower.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    DMW said:

Legume said:
    DMW said:
    Legume said:
    Wow, you're mean.
    Ha ha. I was a snarky SOB. Was. I have evolved. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    DMW said:
    How could that possibly be? You are such a lovely flower.
    Right?