Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon Baby Backs

RajunCajun
RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
edited February 2018 in EggHead Forum
Oughta be illegal in 49 states.  Good grub!
The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• What is your method and what did you cook them on?

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• RajunCajun
    @milesvdustin , I used baby backs, rubbed with a light coat of EVOO and dusted them with the usual and then wrapped each individual rib with bacon.  Set up indirect at 265ish for about 1 1/2 hrs.  I bumped the temp up to 275 for the last 1 1/2 and glazed some of them with a pineapple habanero finishing sauce from Texaspepperjelly,.com.  Also served a sour cream based sauce that included sweet chili sauce, siracha, and Scorpion Tabasco sauce.  

Geaux Eagles!!
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Sounds interesting.  Pictures a little "film noir".  Like the description tho. 
    @nolaegghead Yep, the crowd loved em.  I will definitely be doing them again.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Very nice. So for clarity, you cut them and did you complete cook as individual ribs......as opposed to 1 1/5 hour slab and then cut?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • RajunCajun
    @northgacock That's correct.  I cut them into individual ribs from the beginning.  Worked out better than I expected.
  • northGAcock
    @northgacock That's correct.  I cut them into individual ribs from the beginning.  Worked out better than I expected.
    Had planned a rack for the Super Bowl but got derailed by weather and a project my wif had me on. Just may give these a try sometime this week. Thanks for sharing. 

• RajunCajun
    @northgacock Gotta keep momma happy.  Everybody is happy when mommas happy.  The Tabasco Scorpion sauce added some serious heat to the sauce...but man was it good with the ribs.  I thought maybe the bacon wrap would be too much for the rich pork ribs....NOT!!  A very nice surprise.
  • northGAcock
    @northgacock Gotta keep momma happy.  Everybody is happy when mommas happy.  The Tabasco Scorpion sauce added some serious heat to the sauce...but man was it good with the ribs.  I thought maybe the bacon wrap would be too much for the rich pork ribs....NOT!!  A very nice surprise.
    a little surprised the bacon held up that long. I am now officially hungry before 11:00 am. 

• RajunCajun
    @northgacock   I used my CGW two-tier system (the one that is no longer made) and flipped them about halfway through the cook.  The bacon crisped up real nice.  Then I glazed those on the upper tier and left the lower ones el naturale.  From best I could tell, they were slightly above 200deg at 3hrs.  I wouldn't go longer than three hours at the temps I mentioned.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Sounds interesting.  Pictures a little "film noir".  Like the description tho. 
    Ok, I did Google it  =)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • I like your CGW two-tier! I am a big fan of the product.!
  • RajunCajun
    I like your CGW two-tier! I am a big fan of the product.!

Yeah, I really like it a lot.  I just wish it was made of stainless.  There are some other knockoff models that don't impress me.  The CGW one is heaveeeee duteeeeee.