Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are your feelings on this Superbowl?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I finally realized why many here won't watch the Super Bowl.  There is some figure skating on TV at the same time.
    Options
    Super Bowl? Is that one of the new 1/1.5 gal per flush bowls?
    1 for #1 and 2 for #2?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I finally realized why many here won't watch the Super Bowl.  There is some figure skating on TV at the same time.
    That triple salchow....wow. Gets me every time. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I have always thought that violent ground acquisiion games played by forcing your will on the opponents weaknesses, such as football, is nothing more than a pseudo Nazi - Fascist metaphor for nuclear war. These games should end immediately and never be played again. We should remove all symbols of professional football, so it will never even be thought of again.
    This is especially true when my team loses.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    edited February 2018
    Options
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    thetrim said:
    Just hope it’s a competitive game.  I thinking will be.  All Pats Super Bowls have been great ones.  I’m not a fan of the Pats, but I respect greatly Brady and Bills greatness.  
    Except when they played the Bears! 
    That wasn't Brady and Belichek
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Maybe more people would watch if they had some very fine people marching with tiki torches at half time?
    I thought I saw some pictures of people marching with torches at last year's Butt Blast????  And that is a family friendly event (mostly)
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • RockyTopDW
    Options
    I’m a NFL fan, but it has definitely lost some of its luster over the past few years.  The constant poor officiating, the inclusion of politics, among other things has been a turn off.  I’m hoping the XFL is actually decent this time around.  The NFL has been dominated for the last decade by a team that has been punished by the league for cheating twice.  What did they do & not get caught for?   I will have the game on while surfing various barbecue and fishing sites on my MacBook. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I’m a NFL fan, but it has definitely lost some of its luster over the past few years.  The constant poor officiating, the inclusion of politics, among other things has been a turn off.  I’m hoping the XFL is actually decent this time around.  The NFL has been dominated for the last decade by a team that has been punished by the league for cheating twice.  What did they do & not get caught for?   I will have the game on while surfing various barbecue and fishing sites on my MacBook. 
    I’d love to see the XFL become a farm system for the NFL. I suspect there’s a lot of young prospects that would rather get paid than go through the motions of college athletics. 
  • RockyTopDW
    Options
    DoubleEgger, I agree.  The majority of college athletes would rather not go and play for pay.  I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I’ll watch, my biggest fear is watching Tom Brady win another ring and then watching Jack burn alive! 

Fox just bought Thursday Night Football for the next 5 years for $660 million each year - pretty sure the NFL is doing OK from the 3-4 guys boycotting because men are protesting inequalities. Just my guess. 
  • thetrim
    Options
    Joe Buck every Thursday night for the next five years?????  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • run53
    run53 Posts: 121
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The NFL has been dominated for the last decade by a team that has been punished by the league for cheating twice.  What did they do & not get caught for?   

BTW....the dominance has been closer to 2 decades   :o

Just to set the record straight, it's fairly well documented that EVERY NFL team has been caught cheating and subsequently punished for it (many teams caught more than twice). So it's only natural for the media and fans outside of New England to try to explain the Pats unprecidented dominance with such a lame excuse of cheating. Hey, I'd hate the Pats too, if they weren't my team  ;) 

It might be more acurate to admit that the Pats just do football better than anyone else. 

Large BGE - 2017
    PSWoo with extention
    Thermopen and DOT

Boston, Mass
  • BYS1981
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Joe Buck every Thursday night for the next five years?????  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    I don’t know if he is for sure the announcer, but Joe “Hair Plug” Buck is not my favorite by a country mile.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    thetrim said:
    I don’t know if he is for sure the announcer, but Joe “Hair Plug” Buck is not my favorite by a country mile.
    Nobody watches TNF anyway. And besides, count your blessings... you don't have to listen to Chucky any more!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• BYS1981
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    thetrim said:
    Nobody watches TNF anyway. And besides, count your blessings... you don't have to listen to Chucky any more!
    Let me start off by saying I am a Raiders fan, I could not stand Gruden on the MNF at times, I literally muted the TV on several occasions! And you’re right TNF isn’t as popular as the other days, MNF for example, doesn’t it seem like the match ups are mediocre at best? I only watch when my team is playing for TNF.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    No dog in the hunt this year.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited February 2018
    Options
    There are 18 undrafted free agents on this Pats team.  That should tell you something about the quality of coaching they're getting.  As much as it pains me to say.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,761
    Options

first read thru and i thought you were talking about the donald =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Over officiating has hurt all sports, most of all the last few minutes (hour) of basketball, even at the college level. I like the tennis replay, fast and efficient.  Football and basketball now rely on it for play calls.

Remember when you had to basically tackle someone in the last minute of basketball?

I like the clean hit rules in football, but every meaningful play  getting reviewed is too much.

I'm rooting for the Westlake qb factory and anyone playing the pats.  Still love the game.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • RockyTopDW
    RockyTopDW Posts: 338
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Spin it how you want.  If there was no wrong doing, there would not have been any repercussions.  I guess it just comes down to integrity.  Some have it, most don’t.  
  • run53
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Spin it how you want.  If there was no wrong doing, there would not have been any repercussions.  I guess it just comes down to integrity.  Some have it, most don’t.  

I noticed you editied your original post....you probably did some research about other team's suspensions and lost draft picks.  I was ready to cite all sorts of examples of every other team having suspensions and lost draft picks but had to re-write my response based on your edits  ;)

Anyway....no argument against what you say above. I never said the Patriots didn't bend, stretch and even break some rules along the way. However as I'm sure you figured out by now....so does every other team. What could have been worse than BountyGate? That was a disgrace.  If/when you get caught, you pay the price. It's not just the Patriots doing these things as the media would have you believe. 

To continue saying that they are so dominant becasue they cheat is just a  lame excuse. For those who don't like the lack of integrity in sports, no one is forcing you to watch. 

Large BGE - 2017
    PSWoo with extention
    Thermopen and DOT

Boston, Mass
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    edited February 2018
    Options
    A couple years ago with 35 seconds on the clock in the Superbowl I had $7000 in my pocket from a block pool. 

Then Tom got the ball and I got nothing. 35 seconds....... One of the many reasons I don't like the man. I respect him but don't like him.
    As a Falcon fan I said in advance of the game last year I just don't want Brady to have the ball last. We were up 28-3. 

Brady had the ball last. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• RockyTopDW
    Options
    Run53, if that’s your team, then enjoy the success.  I’m just saying that watching the team caught cheating the most in recent years continue to dominate gets old.  I’m sure you’re aware of all the crazy conspiracies out there about poor officiating, goodell & kraft’s relationship, & etc.  the officiating alone is is an eye opener to anyone that does the research.  The statement of “ if you don’t like the lack of integrity in sports, you don’t have to watch” is pretty sad in itself.  Something just doesn’t add up this season   
  • run53
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Oh I'm enjoying it allright  =) It's the likes of something we'll never see again. Ever! And who knows.....it could all come to a crashing end this weekend. Even us homers know that dynasties like this cannot last forever. 

In case anyone forgot, let me remind you that even though Brady and the Pats were penalized for deflategate, it was never proven that Brady ever instructed that footballs be deflated BELOW the league minimum.  Even in the absurd NFL-commissioned report, Ted Wells could only make the comical charge that “it is more probable than not that Tom Brady was at least generally aware of inappropriate activities.” What a sentence  :o

That's all they could come up with.  If you ask me, it is more probable than not that Ted Wells was at least generally aware that this charge was full of bleep. 

But Goodell gets to do whatever he wants, so I guess last year he chose to hand out one of the harshest penalties ever for something that could not even be proven (and a crime that no one ever cared about in the past). This year, according to the so-called conspiracy theories, Goodell's done a complete 180 because he all of a sudden loves the Patriots so much and put the fix in for the Patriots this year  :s

Did you hear the one where the NFL was said to have put the fix in for the Patriots first SuperBowl win back in 2002? It was the Super Bowl following 9/11 and supposedly the NFL thought it would be a good idea for the Patriots to win because of their Patriotic name  ;) 

I wonder how Goodell conspired that comeback in the Superbowl last year. Did anyone see anything suspicious in the way Brady threw for 245 yards in the 4th quarter  B)

It's very clear to all the haters that the past 17 years have everything to do with cheating, bad officiating, and mysterious NFL conspiracies and nothing to do with the greatest QB/coach combo of all time. Thanks for point that out...it all makes sense now  :s

Large BGE - 2017
    PSWoo with extention
    Thermopen and DOT

Boston, Mass
  • run53
    Options
    Sorry for all the rants folks.......Hey it's Super Bowl week and I'm a little excited and worked up. Big party at my house for the game and doing my first Boston Butt on my new Egg. Life is good!
    Large BGE - 2017
    PSWoo with extention
    Thermopen and DOT

Boston, Mass
  • Begger
    Begger Posts: 569
    Options
  • run53
    Options
    Begger said:
    Go Bears!
    Oh sure.....bring up that 1986 Superbowl licking you gave us  ;)
    Large BGE - 2017
    PSWoo with extention
    Thermopen and DOT

Boston, Mass
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    run53 said:
    Oh I'm enjoying it allright  =) It's the likes of something we'll never see again. Ever! And who knows.....it could all come to a crashing end this weekend. Even us homers know that dynasties like this cannot last forever. 

In case anyone forgot, let me remind you that even though Brady and the Pats were penalized for deflategate, it was never proven that Brady ever instructed that footballs be deflated BELOW the league minimum.  Even in the absurd NFL-commissioned report, Ted Wells could only make the comical charge that “it is more probable than not that Tom Brady was at least generally aware of inappropriate activities.” What a sentence  :o

That's all they could come up with.  If you ask me, it is more probable than not that Ted Wells was at least generally aware that this charge was full of bleep. 

But Goodell gets to do whatever he wants, so I guess last year he chose to hand out one of the harshest penalties ever for something that could not even be proven (and a crime that no one ever cared about in the past). This year, according to the so-called conspiracy theories, Goodell's done a complete 180 because he all of a sudden loves the Patriots so much and put the fix in for the Patriots this year  :s

Did you hear the one where the NFL was said to have put the fix in for the Patriots first SuperBowl win back in 2002? It was the Super Bowl following 9/11 and supposedly the NFL thought it would be a good idea for the Patriots to win because of their Patriotic name  ;) 

I wonder how Goodell conspired that comeback in the Superbowl last year. Did anyone see anything suspicious in the way Brady threw for 245 yards in the 4th quarter  B)

It's very clear to all the haters that the past 17 years have everything to do with cheating, bad officiating, and mysterious NFL conspiracies and nothing to do with the greatest QB/coach combo of all time. Thanks for point that out...it all makes sense now  :s

run53 said:

run53 said:

run53 said:

run53 said:

run53 said:

run53 said:

run53 said:

Hi.   =)=)