Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Ranch - Netflix ......

Options
Any fans of this. Wife and I started watching season 1 this past weekend. I love the humor in it....curious what others who are further along think about the overall series (without any spoilers please)?

Tanks in advance.
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Is this the one with Ashton Kutcher? If so, I started watching that one but bailed on it. Sorry.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Wife and I really like it. I guess Daniel Masterson got the big boot off the show before being proven guilty because that's how the world works now.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Sam Elliot, Debra Winger Great; Ashton Kutcher & Barry Corbin (PSYCH) - PASS every time.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    My wife and I have watched the 4 seasons that are out. It's a good end of the day cheap humor show. 

Kinda like 80's sitcoms. You see it coming, but you laugh anyways.  Also, I'm a huge fan of the F bomb so it was right up my alley.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    Wife watches it, so I have seen a few.  I usually troll the forum when it’s on.  Too sitcom-y for me, but agree with @Killit_and_Grillit on the F-bombs.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Pretty good show.  Danny M got the boot, so I'm out.  Bullying is wrong unless it's by #metoo.
    Phoenix 
  • Mr_eggers
    Options
    Hilarious show definitely going to miss Danny M. Worth the watch till the end my wife never watches TV and will binge-watch this with me every time it comes out.   
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I haven't tried The Ranch yet, but I will soon. I am watching Narcos right now. I love it! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Thanks for your comments. While Just in season one, I can find it hard to see Danny M written out of the show. Don’t tell me how. Sounds like the concensis is it is sustainable for watching it though. Onward I go.

• pgprescott
    Options
    I haven't tried The Ranch yet, but I will soon. I am watching Narcos right now. I love it! 
    That’s one of the top shows. They have excellent original content. 
  • Legume
    Options
    Peaky F‘n Blinders
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I could watch the Bunny Ranch if that were on.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Robin - I don't know how they give Danny the boot.  What I can tell you is that in Season 2, they find gold on the ranch, pack up all their prized possessions and move to Beverly Hills.  Swimming pools, movie stars.

Phoenix 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Legume said:
    Peaky F‘n Blinders
    I tried. Maybe I should try again. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Mindhunter, ozark, the fall, 13 reasons why, Marco Polo, the killing, bloodline, travelers, glow, American vandal, Medici, master of none, etc, etc. 
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    My wife and I have watched the 4 seasons that are out. It's a good end of the day cheap humor show. 

Kinda like 80's sitcoms. You see it coming, but you laugh anyways.  Also, I'm a huge fan of the F bomb so it was right up my alley.
    Nailed it!!
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Thanks for your comments. While Just in season one, I can find it hard to see Danny M written out of the show. Don’t tell me how. Sounds like the concensis is it is sustainable for watching it though. Onward I go.
    @northGAcock nobody knows how they are going to do it. I don’t even think they have renewed for season 5. They kinda pigeon holed themselves. My guess is they will have to just change the actor and make a dumb joke about how he looks different. Won’t be the same that’s for sure. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I wasted 90 minutes on their "original content" movie Open House. What a waste of time. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Legume
    Options
    Legume said:
    Peaky F‘n Blinders
    I only understand about 60% of what they’re saying, but after a couple of episodes I was hooked.
  • Legume
    Options
    Mindhunter, ozark, the fall, 13 reasons why, Marco Polo, the killing, bloodline, travelers, glow, American vandal, Medici, master of none, etc, etc. 
    ozark=yes
    bloodline=almost.  Lasted most of a season, but just couldn’t do it.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Legume said:
    ozark=yes
    bloodline=almost.  Lasted most of a season, but just couldn’t do it.
    Bloodline builds. I would agree that it is a bit harder to stay with. A bit too many storylines and flashback timelines. All in All, it was pretty good. Many of the others mentioned are better for sure. 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    Peaky F‘n Blinders
    I only understand about 60% of what they’re saying, but after a couple of episodes I was hooked.
    Try Hinterland - if you can read CC quickly and don't try to read the Welsh/English signs you might get more than 60%. Good show.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    Peaky F‘n Blinders
    About my percentage of comprehension with focker's posts.  Kids have butchered the English language.  Also, get off my lawn.
    Options
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    Peaky F‘n Blinders
    About my percentage of comprehension with focker's posts.  Kids have butchered the English language.  Also, get off my lawn.
    Angry old man.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    Snowfall on FX....
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    blasting said:
    Pretty good show.  Danny M got the boot, so I'm out.  Bullying is wrong unless it's by #metoo.
    I thought they booted him because he’s one of those nutjob Scientologists.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Love Sam Elliott but haven't watched The Ranch yet.....don't know if I can stomach Ashton Kutcher.  Been watching The Crown lately and only have a couple episodes left.  I've never been interested in the monarchy but it's extremely well done and actually spurred me into doing more research about it. 

I listened to Neil Patrick Harris on Howard Stern last week and apparently he's staring in a Lemony Snicket adaptation NetFlix series.  He said NetFlix is the production company to work for right now.....they have the brightest and best writers working on their stuff and are dumping a TON of money into all of it......cast, crew, costumes, sets, post production, etc.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Love Sam Elliott but haven't watched The Ranch yet.....don't know if I can stomach Ashton Kutcher.  Been watching The Crown lately and only have a couple episodes left.  I've never been interested in the monarchy but it's extremely well done and actually spurred me into doing more research about it. 

I listened to Neil Patrick Harris on Howard Stern last week and apparently he's staring in a Lemony Snicket adaptation NetFlix series.  He said NetFlix is the production company to work for right now.....they have the brightest and best writers working on their stuff and are dumping a TON of money into all of it......cast, crew, costumes, sets, post production, etc.  

Ashton's character is the blunt of many jokes on this series. Not a big fan of him myself. I have found his role here to be tolerable. Watched a few more last night....and getting more hooked.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I'll give it a shot.

I've been on a Rock documentary kick lately.  Eagles and Tom Petty are both really good. "The Other One" about Bob Weir is awesome!  There's also one called "Beware of Mr. Baker" about Ginger Baker (drummer from Cream and Blind Faith) that's great.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Legume said:
    Peaky F‘n Blinders
    Couldn't agree more.  One of my favorite shows.  Are you caught up on this  season?  It was fantastic. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE