Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

While p!ssed off with bitness travel...I hate a thief...

Options
2»

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Pause before condemning the airline in these situations, the folks at TSA have a very well deserved rep for sticky fingers, amongst other things.
    The irony of this post brings me great amusement. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Pause before condemning the airline in these situations, the folks at TSA have a very well deserved rep for sticky fingers, amongst other things.
    True.....the fact is there is no way to know when and by whom lifted them. If it was on that end, it would have been for the resale value of the fab.  I have to take a bit of the blame for my oversight. Somewhere there is a thief tho. Hope this servers as a reminder to any of the forum members to not check valuables. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    True.....the fact is there is no way to know when and by whom lifted them. If it was on that end, it would have been for the resale value of the fab.  I have to take a bit of the blame for my oversight. Somewhere there is a thief tho. Hope this servers as a reminder to any of the forum members to not check valuables. 
    I was referring to DBCOOPER accusing folks of thievery. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    When they made it so you couldn't lock your luggage, that was just such a dumb decision.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    Options
    DMW said:
    dbCooper said:
    When they made it so you couldn't lock your luggage, that was just such a dumb decision.
    You can still "lock" your luggage so long as its a TSA approved lock.  Ergo had something gone missing from his bags it would be easy to blame the TSA (harder to sue/recover due to govt immunity)
    Near San Francisco in California
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    baychilla said:
    DMW said:
    dbCooper said:
    You can still "lock" your luggage so long as its a TSA approved lock.  Ergo had something gone missing from his bags it would be easy to blame the TSA (harder to sue/recover due to govt immunity)
    Which is about as useful as encryption with a back door.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    I was referring to DBCOOPER accusing folks of thievery. 
    True.  I can't believe he's out publicly on this forum.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    hate the airport luggage crap, more often than not im usually hunting the place for my flyrod luggage, finding it behind doors columns etc, never where im supposed to pick it up. really surprised i never lost it, even more surprised it hasnt broken in half
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    hate the airport luggage crap, more often than not im usually hunting the place for my flyrod luggage, finding it behind doors columns etc, never where im supposed to pick it up. really surprised i never lost it, even more surprised it hasnt broken in half
    might want to consider sending them fed ex or ups like guys do with their golf clubs. Depending on your investment level in the rod and reel.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    might want to consider sending them fed ex or ups like guys do with their golf clubs. Depending on your investment level in the rod and reel.
    dont do it much anymore but i used to fish the outer islands in the bahamas and off cabo in mexico. the bus transactions were a nightmare as well. ive had rods moved from side to side in the bus . a rod tube would be 3k plus and the trip would be over if lost on the way down. the reels always stayed on the carryon but for a while they wouldnt allow the flies, tiny flies smaller than a newspaper printed letter j :o
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    that sucks what happened.  these days, all I expect from air travel is pick me up in point A and put me down in point B safely with little hassle.  Airlines have become the bus lines of the sky........

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Robin, sorry to hear. I hate a damn thief and a damn drug head they are usually one in the same! Good luck with the outcome. Keep a close watch on ID theft.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    tjv said:
    that sucks what happened.  these days, all I expect from air travel is pick me up in point A and put me down in point B safely with little hassle.  Airlines have become the bus lines of the sky........

t
    That's what the masses really want tho - cheap seats. Very few people would be willing to pay what it used to cost back in the "Golden Age of Flight" in the 1950's/60's.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    tjv said:

t
    That's what the masses really want tho - cheap seats. Very few people would be willing to pay what it used to cost back in the "Golden Age of Flight" in the 1950's/60's.
    I hear ya, world is much smaller and moves faster now days........

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    1:1 ratio in safe take offs to safe landings.
    Keep that ratio, and I am good.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Well said!

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Well said!
    Better than the Dog:Cat ratio for sure  ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    Well said!
    Better than the Dog:Cat ratio for sure  ;)
    Every morning before going downstairs, Maddie walks to the door of your room to see if you are there. Has not missed a day since you were here. Just sayin......

• Chicklet
    Chicklet Posts: 205
    Options
    I HATE a thief!  Sorry this happened to you.  Missing the luggage is hassle enough but having to re-key everything is beyond frustrating and expensive!  

You're right.  You probably won't get a dime from AA but I'd still file the claim and I would call the airport baggage handling office and let them know, too.  I am pretty sure those luggage delivery folks are just contracted out and not actual airport employees.  

I used to travel a lot for work and I rarely checked my luggage.  If I did, I didn't pack anything identifying and never packed my keys.  I learned a hard lesson myself one time and never did packed them again.  
    Eat, drink and be merry

Huntsville, AL ~ LBGE noob