Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Suggested selling price for XL Egg w/Nest Handler

Options
Excellent condition-Garage kept. Never been exposed to elements. SWMBO does not care for smoked foods. Thought i could change her mind. HOPELESS !!! Spoiled her with sous vide and Blackstone Griddle..
Extras include:
XLWoo2 Adjustable Rig Combo
Oval Stainless Grids (2)
18" Stainless Drip Pan
Extra Crossbars
Kickash Basket
Smoke ware S/S Dome Cap
Flame Boss 200 Temp Controller
Cyber Q Controller
What would be a good asking price. Don't have to be in a hurry to sell!!
Thanks for all the info I have gained from this site.

Comments

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    Sorry to hear the sad news. Some would say "get another wife"?   ;)  You have a lot of extras but since there is no warranty for the new buyer, maybe 8-900?
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Agree with above, I would split up the higher end extras and sell separate.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    Where are you?  Prices on the  west coast are higher than the east coast. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'dgive it another shot, ditch any smoking woods try just searing your SV cooks for a while
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    This ^^^^^.   There has to be something going on to make the food too smokey.   

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    I would be very interested in this, if you're within 250 miles or so of 49093. I'll give $1000 cash.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    Also make sure the initial white smoke clears prior to putting food on. 
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I bet you $1 he is using BGE lump

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    Options
    As you may know, different types of lump can impart different levels of smokiness. I’ve often baked on the Egg without anyone being able to tell. A neutral lump may make all the difference. 
    100% agree.  Do yourself a favor.  Order 1 bag of Rockwood, let smoke clear, then try again.

If your wife still says no, then sell the egg (or try a new wife).
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • andybarn
    Options
    dharley said:
    I would be very interested in this, if you're within 250 miles or so of 49093. I'll give $1000 cash.
    I live in Eastern North Carolina (27817)
  • andybarn
    Options

Been using Fogo and Rockwood. Occasionly a bag of Royal Oak
  • andybarn
    Options
    This ^^^^^.   There has to be something going on to make the food too smokey.   
    SWMBO doesn't even care for food cooked with Briquets in weber grill.
  • JohnH12
    JohnH12 Posts: 213
    Options
    Keep the egg. Sell the opposition!
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Not everything is for everyone, your loss will be someone else’s gain. Good luck. I’d try as suggested above, buy a bag of rockwood and do some straight up grilling without any added smoke wood, bake some pizzas too if you haven’t already. 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • andybarn
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    Not everything is for everyone, your loss will be someone else’s gain. Good luck. I’d try as suggested above, buy a bag of rockwood and do some straight up grilling without any added smoke wood, bake some pizzas too if you haven’t already. 
    Thanks for all the responses and suggestions.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    If this thing was any closer to Butt Blast it would already be gone 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Mr_eggers
    Mr_eggers Posts: 9
    edited January 2018
    Options
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    My wife doesn't like smoke either.  Cooking with no smoke flavor isn't a problem or difficult at all to do with the egg.  Simply wait until clear smoke comes out of the top.  That's it.  I've made many things on the egg that you don't want to have a smoke flavor like cookies or pretzels.  Not a problem.
    It's not the grill, it's the chef that controls the flavor.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options
    andybarn said:

Been using Fogo and Rockwood. Occasionly a bag of Royal Oak

Try the CharBroil lump. Nothing comes close to its neutral flavor. It burns cleaner than any other lump. Its as close to cooking in an oven as there can be. While she may like that, others may prefer the smokiness of Rockwood.