Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Minimax new egghead looking for some help

Options
Any reason this won't work for my minimax?  
Bill-- Ankeny, Iowa
Mini-max
GMG Jim Bowie 

Comments

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    I've used something similar but maybe a bit more substantial if I took my MM to a cooking event...  You may want to put some type of plywood on top so that the plastic doesn't melt.  I'm thinking a Workmate might work better.
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    What is the weight it will hold? Minimax is roughly 90lbs.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Willard
    Options
    It holds up to 300 lbs. I was thinking a 18x18 piece of tile underneath. I grill in the driveway so I like the portability 
    Bill-- Ankeny, Iowa
    Mini-max
    GMG Jim Bowie 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Welcome aboard! And enjoy the ride!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    This 

This is what I used prior to building the outdoor kitchen. I cut the legs a bit shorter to get the grill the height I wanted. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    This 

This is what I used prior to building the outdoor kitchen. I cut the legs a bit shorter to get the grill the height I wanted. 
    Seems obvious, but cut the top of the legs. 
  • BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Usual home for my MM:  Challenger Torch Cart:

I have this for use when traveling w/ my MM:  https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-X-Horse-2-5-ft-Workbench-229694/301046021
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    BBQBuddy said:
    Usual home for my MM:  Challenger Torch Cart:

I have this for use when traveling w/ my MM:  https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-X-Horse-2-5-ft-Workbench-229694/301046021

I use the second one. Works very well, keep MM on it all the time. It is also very affordable. I also use a couple ceramic tiles on the top to place the MMO on-and have not incurred any melting of the base.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • GregC
    GregC Posts: 91
    Options
    8-8x8x16 concrete block stacked (2) side by side fourwith 6” cap block painted black
  • pdevoy
    pdevoy Posts: 25
    Options
    JJ George (Nice table for mini max) 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    JRWhitee said:

Good lord! I didn't realize they weighed that much... and people talk about them as a "portable" option, lol. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    JRWhitee said:

Good lord! I didn't realize they weighed that much... and people talk about them as a "portable" option, lol. 
    Ha.....it has handles. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I have mine on a stainless steel table, I bought at Costco. Outstanding purchase, great table, two shelves.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    JRWhitee said:

BGE claims it’s 76lb if that’s any consolation. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

This is from Sam's.... Real handy
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    JRWhitee said:

BGE claims it’s 76lb if that’s any consolation. 

I'll take a Weber I can just toss in the back of the truck. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    Welcome!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va