Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jaguar Brisket

Options
Chubbs
Chubbs Posts: 6,929
edited January 2018 in EggHead Forum
Pulling for the jags and practicing a little brisket. Got a 10lb choice packer. Salt and pepper only. Only had pecan for chunks this go. 

Rubbed and 5 hours in pictured below. 
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• Chubbs
    Options
    Been a while for me posting. Pics won’t load. Guess I will go back to hibernation
  • Chubbs
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Can you no longer post pics from phone library? Just keeps saying “File failed to load”
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Test from phone library.  Worked here.  I don’t know now but brisket looks good. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    Lookin' good right there and I am not one for any answers regarding pics and the forum.  Could be a late evening banquet.  Enjoy.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Chubbs
    Options
    I tried literally 15x. Last Time half pic loaded and failed. Refresh shows one pic. F vanilla. 
  • Chubbs
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Lookin' good right there and I am not one for any answers regarding pics and the forum.  Could be a late evening banquet.  Enjoy.
    Thanks! It’s at 205It right now. Right side of flat is buttah. Left a little tight. Might pull it. 
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Pulled at 209IT. Left side of flat still tight but had to pull as I want to rest for a bit. FTC for about 1.5hrs until dinner. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That looks great. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Looks like a winner!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    That looks awesome. Beautiful cook. I would wear that out.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Looks awesome to me. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Man I’ll be glad to come help you get rid of it...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Maybe you shoulda cooked a butt. GO PATS!!! =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Chubbs
    Options
    Thanks guys. It was one of my better efforts. Flat got a 6/10 but point was 9/10. Very juicy point and half of flat was too. Was a weird one- left side of flat never loosened up. Oh well. Have a video but can’t post. Also used the sauce Aaron Franklin did on YouTube. It was pretty good
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Excellent my friend. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Nice @chubbs  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hope you nailed the finish, unlike the Jags.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Looks Dayumn good @Chubbs
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL