Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Still doing the comfort food thing...

Morning All:

This time the comfort food is an old, old family recipe for HAMLOAF...an equal amount of ground pork & ground ham mixed with oatmeal, onions, egg, bread...shape into loaves & bake at 350 for about an hour while using a glaze (brown sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar, water & dry mustard)...on one Egg almost ready to come off...

On the other Egg was a pan of Pioneer Woman's "Crash Hot Potatoes"...almost ready...

Added a salad & my plate is ready to go (added some of the leftover glaze once sliced)...

Had our next door neighbor join us for dinner & everyone was very satisfied!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,168
    Never heard of hamloaf but it sounds interesting. And those potatoes look amazing. Nice cook.
  • Always love I come on here and find something I’ve never heard of before. Definitely will be looking into a hamloaf recipe. Looks great!
    Raleigh, NC

LBGE
  • Nice meal right there. Well done.
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,501
    Morning epcotisbest & UNCHeels08:

Here is the recipe for the hamloaf...

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited January 2018
    Hamloaf and hamballs are awesome. Any chance you have some Mennonite heritage?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,501
    Morning DMW:

The hamballs recipe is on the back of the card above & I actually prefer the hamballs...I don't know of any Mennnonite heritage...I'm not sure where my mother got the recipe, but Southern Illinois is where I grew up.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    SSN686 said:
    Morning DMW:

The hamballs recipe is on the back of the card above & I actually prefer the hamballs...I don't know of any Mennnonite heritage...I'm not sure where my mother got the recipe, but Southern Illinois is where I grew up.
    Hamloaf and hamballs are a staple here in Mennonite country. Gene Wenger's is the best.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    That looks very good. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Kudos on being a rebel and posting a cook on Friday night. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
    500 Posts: 3,177
    I remember loving hamloaf on Christmas. My Mom’s mother would make it. So are you from Ohio?
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009