Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Roswell Hardware now Roswell Grill Store-OT

Options
bgebrent
bgebrent Posts: 19,636
This may be known to others but was news to N when she drove by it earlier today.  Together we went back by it and sure enough.  They feature BGE, YETI and Yoder smokers.  Didn't have time to go in and check it out.  Anyone else been there since the change?
Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Actually its Atlanta Grill Company now.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I've been in since the change.  Didn't notice much if anything different.  More rubs/sauces maybe.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    They had to change names because Roswell Hardware got such negative reviews on google and yelp.  They have expanded their grill selection significantly now though. 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    They are Moving to a new location atleast that’s what Gary said like a month ago. The county is doing something with the roads there. He had mentioned at one point they were getting out of the hardware and had plans to make an indoor cooking area where they could hold classes. Not sure if that’s still in the plans.
  • baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    Options
    While this is OT perhaps a State would've been helpful.  I thought this was going to be about NM and Aliens that probe.
    Near San Francisco in California
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I have been in a few times since the change, they are a full grill company now.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,037
    edited January 2018
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Pedanticism is striking ..... they are a grill distributor.  Grill company implies they make grills ;)

Realize this is an the type of correction an internet jack-ass does.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Pedanticism is striking ..... they are a grill distributor.  Grill company implies they make grills ;)

Grill reseller, get it right man.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JRWhitee
    edited January 2018
    Options
    DMW said:
    JRWhitee said:

Grill reseller, get it right man.
    I am such a dumb ass! At least I am not an internet jack-ass...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    GoooDawgs said:
    They had to change names because Roswell Hardware got such negative reviews on google and yelp.  They have expanded their grill selection significantly now though. 
    Though I have never set foot in that store it has for years and years had the reputation as the "go to" store for BGE eggs, eggceries, and prices which under cut other BGE dealers. What was/were the nature of the negative reviews?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    RRP said:
    GoooDawgs said:
    Though I have never set foot in that store it has for years and years had the reputation as the "go to" store for BGE eggs, eggceries, and prices which under cut other BGE dealers. What was/were the nature of the negative reviews?
    https://m.yelp.com/biz/roswell-hardware-roswell-2
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,037
    Options
    RRP said:
    GoooDawgs said:
    https://m.yelp.com/biz/roswell-hardware-roswell-2
    Yikes!  Hope they resolved their customer service issues along with the name change.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Options
    Not trying to pour salt in an open wound but I visited the store once and experienced that same poor customer service mentioned in the reviews. After spending about 30 minutes in the store I decided I would not be buying anything in there. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    It's clearly a mixed bag.  The few times I've been there my experience was positive.  Bought my MM there.  A week later the thermo had internal condensation.  Took it back and they gave me a new one with no questions asked.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Lit
    Options
    GaBGE said:
    Not trying to pour salt in an open wound but I visited the store once and experienced that same poor customer service mentioned in the reviews. After spending about 30 minutes in the store I decided I would not be buying anything in there. 
    How long ago were you there? I know they had some bad reviews years ago when they were more hardware and less grill related but I have always had good customer service. 
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    They definitely have the best price and selection by far, but I'm with @GaBGE in that I was not impressed with the customer service - they can be very condescending with answering question, especially when I was new Egger.   

That being said, it's been 2 years since I've been there and it may have changed, so I'd be willing to give them another shot. I prefer to support local businesses when I can. 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I've NEVER liked the guys in there.  Not overly helpful and somewhat condescending.  I do, however, like their huge selection of rub, sauces and accessories.  That is the sole reason I visit when on that side of town.  I always seem to exit with more stuff than I need and a lot lighter in the wallet. 

Pedanticism - quite the SAT word.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    I've NEVER liked the guys in there.  Not overly helpful and somewhat condescending.  I do, however, like their huge selection of rub, sauces and accessories.  That is the sole reason I visit when on that side of town.  I always seem to exit with more stuff than I need and a lot lighter in the wallet. 

Pedanticism - quite the SAT word.
    Agree. They are more interested in hanging out and watching you tube videos that helping someone. It feels like stepping into a frat house. Ive been there many times and have never been asked if they could help me. Not once.

Their prices are ridiculous on everything other than the eggs themselves. For example, they wanted $25 for a product that I could buy direct from smokeware for $15. I ordered the two I needed online, paid the shipping and still saved 20%. The time before, I called and tried to pay for something on the phone and have my brother pick it up on his way through. I was quickly told that they refused to do it. They are basically the Walmart of grill stores. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    You doubted Nicole? You are not the wise one we all thought.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Tell the truth Jim.....you have a loyalty card don't you?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Lit
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Tell the truth Jim.....you have a loyalty card don't you?
    He got the first mini max they sold when everyone was waiting on them. 
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    I also won a Flame Boss! I have always had a good experience.

Johns Creek, Georgia