Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st time Sriracha lime wings

DMW inspired me to try sriracha wings.  I have never had sriracha before, my step son loves the stuff.  So I did up a bunch for the game tonight and they did not fail.  I used Dizzy Dust for my rub. These wings were AWESOME.  What I really liked was that the heat from the sauce wasn't at the first bite like buffalo wings. The heat was not overpowering at all, but just seemed to built as you ate. The bite started out a little sweet to me and then the heat built after a little bit. My step son, who loves hot wings HOT, said they were great. I definitely will do this method more. 

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1204514/best-wings-ive-ever-made/p1 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Good looking grub right there! 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I want wings for breakfast...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,716
    Those look yummy!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• Top notch wings right there!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Oh wow. I can't think of any way to make them more perfecter:) They look spot on.  I am sure the step son's opinion is gold, because they look delicious! Nice cook, and thanks for sprinkling our stuff on your hard-earned meat. Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Oh wow. I can't think of any way to make them more perfecter:) They look spot on.  I am sure the step son's opinion is gold, because they look delicious! Nice cook, and thanks for sprinkling our stuff on your hard-earned meat. Chris
    Dizzy Pig products ALWAYS can be found in my rub cabinet.  GREAT products.  I was going to vac seal and freeze the leftover wings but my step-son said just leave them in the fridge we can eat on them for the next couple of days.  They were finished off at lunch today.
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Dizzy Pig and Siracha is a winning combo.  I'd say you did @DMW proud with your wing cook.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • 55drum
    55drum Posts: 162
    I tried this last night only I fried them instead and then dumped into sauce....very good!!  Thanks for posting....
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Looks good.  How is the lime to sweetness ratio?  Can you taste the lime? (I love it) Are they too sweet?

Will have to try these.  Went back to the OP as well.  Great shots.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • KiterTodd said:
    Looks good.  How is the lime to sweetness ratio?  Can you taste the lime? (I love it) Are they too sweet?

Will have to try these.  Went back to the OP as well.  Great shots.
    I tasted a hint of the lime.  I had never tried sriracha sauce before.  What I got was at first bite the wing had a sweet taste to it.  My first thought was these are not hot at all.  Then you felt the heat begin to build, it was like a medium buffalo wing heat to me.    

• 55drum said:
    I tried this last night only I fried them instead and then dumped into sauce....very good!!  Thanks for posting....
    I wondered how fried would be.  We had a restaurant here that would smoke their wings and then quick fry as you ordered them.  You got the smoky flavor and a crispy wing.  Now I am going to have to try that with this sauce.