Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best wings I've ever made

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
I know there are some wing wizards out there, but thought I'd share tonight's results.
Made a rub with salt/pepper/paprika/garlic powder. Didn't measure anything. Wings were in the fridge since yesterday to dry. Tossed them in a gallon zip lock with rub and gave it a few good shakes. On the small indirect around 250* with pecan chips for smoke.

Made a sauce mostly from a recipe @lousubcap posted on one of my threads. The only addition was I found a bottle of rice vinegar in the back of the fridge with just a bit left I added in. Here's the recipe he posted, I only added probably about 2 or 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar.
  • 5 tablespoons unsalted butter

• 1/3 cup honey, plus more for drizzling

• 1/4 cup Sriracha (Asian chile sauce)

• 1 tablespoon soy sauce

• 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice

Melted the butter, added the rest, and warmed it up. When the wings were almost done, dunked them in the sauce and back on indirect.

Let the sauce set for 10-15 minutes and let the temp climb up to 325*. Then I pulled the drip pan and stone and switched to raised direct to get some char on the wings. No pictures of that, but not hard to imagine what it looks like.

Final results.

Not sure what it was about these wings, but the combo of pecan smoke, rub, sauce, and char was spot on. Wish I had measured rub ingredients...

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments