Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Holiday treat that keeps on giving....

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
edited January 2018 in EggHead Forum
Wif out to dinner tonight with the hens...(Happy Berfda Mrs Charlotte)....pulled some ribs (from an earlier Rib Roast).... I had tucked away for JUST such an occasion. Put those rascals on, for a slow roast and glaze.......Stepping out outside the lines and will do one with some Carolina Gold, and the other a Cannon Ball Sauce.   The Carolina Gold is my pork sauce, but tonight will hit a beef.....cause damnit it’s a New Year.

....a turn while into it....

Tommy Shaw and a contemporary youth orchestra doing the STYX catalog for tune-age. EXCELLENT 

...and woodnt you know it, they played “Two Much Time on my Hands”. Early in the show. Probably for all of us!

A tater, some peas and homemade bread and butter pickles.

....................what y’all cookin / doin tonight?
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice repurpose Robin and decent tunes.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    edited January 2018
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Decent Brent? That's major culture for me.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Well done. Side of pickles for the win Alex. Enjoy!
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Solid cook.  I’d crush one of those ribs! 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Solid cook.  I’d crush one of those ribs! 
    I'd take the one on the right. :)
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Pup dogs enjoyed the bones too. 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Wif out to dinner tonight with the hens...(Happy Berfda Mrs Charlotte)....pulled some ribs (from an earlier Rib Roast).... I had tucked away for JUST such an occasion. Put those rascals on, for a slow roast and glaze.......Stepping out outside the lines and will do one with some Carolina Gold, and the other a Cannon Ball Sauce.   The Carolina Gold is my pork sauce, but tonight will hit a beef.....cause damnit it’s a New Year.

Tommy Shaw and a contemporary youth orchestra doing the STYX catalog for tune-age. EXCELLENT 

...and woodnt you know it, they played “Two Much Time on my Hands”. Early in the show. Probably for all of us!

Just think when you move to ATL we can do this together!!!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • northGAcock
    Options
    JRWhitee said:

How many of them waters you had tonight?

• JRWhitee
    Options
    JRWhitee said:

How many of them waters you had tonight?
    Just two

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    That’s fine looking grub there!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Time to put the tree up there Clark. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Decent Brent? That's major culture for me.
    Just decent old boy.  Seen that mix of kids before.  Surely decent.  Nice cook old boy.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Nice solo meal. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Love beef back ribs-beat their pork cousins every time.  Great cook and result. Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Nice bones Robin....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Time to put the tree up there Clark. 
    Tomorrow’s job. Not looking forward to it.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    We have 2 trees to put up and the world's laziest dog to step over while doing it.
    Great looking meal as always Robin. Make sure you tell Pattie how to take it down and where the boxes need to be stored.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    That meal looks great!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• northGAcock
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    We have 2 trees to put up and the world's laziest dog to step over while doing it.
    Great looking meal as always Robin. Make sure you tell Pattie how to take it down and where the boxes need to be stored.
    Party is not moving very fast this morning. Predicting a Feb job completion at this rate. You know me, I will stay on her (I.e steady supervision) until she finishes, or college baseball season begins.....which ever comes first. You guys stay warm. 

• YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Party is not moving very fast this morning. Predicting a Feb job completion at this rate. You know me, I will stay on her (I.e steady supervision) until she finishes, or college baseball season begins.....which ever comes first. You guys stay warm. 
    Not enough can be said about a well managed project. Much respect to your efforts.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    edited January 2018
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    Not enough can be said about a well managed project. Much respect to your efforts.
    Let’s not overlook preperation in that equation. Example, preparing for Butt Blast consumables well in advance leads to high success ratios on this family friendly event. 
    Its a 2014......couldn’t find any mo fresher.

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    I think you got the better side of that one, when compared to what the wife did.....great meal.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    Let’s not overlook preperation in that equation. Example, preparing for Butt Blast consumables well in advance leads to high success ratios on this family friendly event. 
    You know my weak spots. Do you want me to take the tree down?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    That is a great choice right there!

Johns Creek, Georgia