Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2017 can suck it!

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    I stepped out into the garage to check out my new flying car.
    My truck had a flat tire.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• BeerMike
    BeerMike Posts: 317
    Options
    I feel like that needed to be said.  TIA
    Suck it in a good way or bad way?   :)   Happy New Year to you! 
    I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin
  • Possumtrot
    Options
    Very bad year for us as well.  Lost my two of my very best friends - one in Sept and one in October.

Bree

Winston

Never thought I'd be affected this way, but both this close together was crushing.  @The_Stache helped with recovery (he brews really outstanding imperial stout).

At our point in life (older) not sure we'll get any more they'll outlive us.

Oh well, our attention will be occupied for a couple of months looking for a new house as we decided to downsize and we have a contract in place to sell our current home.

Hope 2018 is a good year for everyone.
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Apart from all of the political BS going on here in the UK, I made a sh1t load of money in 2017, so in hindsight it has to go down as a good year.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,345
    Options

Today's Blondie also seemed appropriate for many threads here:

May good things cross everyone's path in 2018!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Apart from all of the political BS going on here in the UK, I made a sh1t load of money in 2017, so in hindsight it has to go down as a good year.
    I had the same experience and 18 will shape up even better....the Donald J Industrial Average crossed 25K for the first time ever today and it is headed higher....

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Eoin said:
    I had the same experience and 18 will shape up even better....the Donald J Industrial Average crossed 25K for the first time ever today and it is headed higher....

You don’t say?  If you ask me, by far the most impressive thing about the economic growth Trump has unleashed is that it’s happening in every major country simultaneously.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I wish someone would suck it...
    Don't understand why this thread went beyond this.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Well, he made the airlines safer than ever in the history of air travel like the world has never seen before.
    Well, he made the airlines safer than ever in the history of air travel like the world has never seen before.
    It’s almost as though the entire world voted him into office!
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,345
    Options
    Yeah, but coal miner deaths doubled in 2017.

I thought those were his peeps!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    I’m sure all of Russia voted for him 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Everywhere but the Cali Crazies
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    The truth is that Putin doesn’t give a sh!t about Trump.  He thinks he’s a joke like most everyone else with half a brain.
  • g8golfer
    Options
    I’m pumped about reading that book
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,040
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    The truth is that Putin doesn’t give a sh!t about Trump.  He thinks he’s a joke like most everyone else with half a brain.
    People with half a brain do think he is crazy.  People with a full brain voted for him.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • bgebrent
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    Which positions much better than the apologizer in chief.
  • g8golfer
    Options
    @bgebrent when you disagree with John Nola or HeavyG they bring out the charts and websites to try and prove a point 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    People with half a brain do think he is crazy.  People with a full brain voted for him.
    Which one are you, Jamie?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    @bgebrent when you disagree with John Nola or HeavyG they bring out the charts and websites to try and prove a point 
    Nah we just make up claims out of thin air like “lefties think Steve Bannon is a genius”.  
  • bgebrent
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    They're not entirely stupid brother.  Just mostly ;)
  • g8golfer
    Options
    I meant fruitcakes not lefties 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    Please define the difference mathematically
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,040
    edited January 2018
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    Which one are you?
    I'm the Scarecrow, I voted for Bernie.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • g8golfer
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    g8golfer said:
    Please define the difference mathematically
    Old school math or common core math?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    You should ask @Fockwad about fruitcakes, he knows all about them.