Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Bottom Round Roast - Is it even worth egging or should I just sous vide?

ASH357
ASH357 Posts: 2
Long time reader, first time poster. I've had a 3 lb. beef bottom round roast in my freezer for awhile and my wife has told me it needs to go. I'm between egging it indirect or putting it in a sous vide bath for several hours. Any experience with this cut of meat? I'm trying to keep it fairly simple.
Mt. Pleasant, SC

LBGE and PK Grill

Comments

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    I believe you can treat it like Pit Beef. Low and slow, about 250 indirect. I would cook to medium rare to medium-no more done than that. Slice thin for sandwiches.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • Like this cut for Italian Beef, check out Amazing Ribs. 
    I do it on the egg, indirect over a pan of beef broth, follow pretty much the recipe on Meatheads site. 
    I don't care for his giardiniera, I like mine a little more zippy. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • :)evie1370 said:
    I believe you can treat it like Pit Beef. Low and slow, about 250 indirect. I would cook to medium rare to medium-no more done than that. Slice thin for sandwiches.
    Same here. Great for sandwiches.
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Thanks all!
    Mt. Pleasant, SC

LBGE and PK Grill
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I love to sous vide a chuck roast, 130° for 48 hours. Then sear wherever. VERY tender and flavorful. Never tried it with a bottom round, but it's an idea. =)

http://sousvidely.com/48-hour-chuck-roast/

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut