Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Working from home - BGE chili

Options
My first pot of chili on the egg - definitely proper weather for it!

I think it’s going to be good...
Maryland, 1 LBGE

Comments

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    That looks awesome - love chili on the BGE.
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    That looks just fantastic...nice job. 
  • NotEnoughSmoke
    Options
    Looks great
    XL BGE
    WSM 18.5
    Currently live in Southern Oklahoma/ North Texas region
    Born and raised in Chicago! Da BEARS
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Thanks, all.  Will provide the “money shot” later tonight.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Working from home does provide for good long-cook supervision. Great use of it right there!
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    That looks incredible!!! I'm sure it was time well spent.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    Options
    That looks great. Did you use any smoke?  Last time I did that cook, I used hickory, and the smoke was a bit strong for me. SWMBO loved it though.  Next time I'm using lump only - no wood chunks/chips. 

Great cook!! 
    Memphis, TN 

• JohnEggGio
    Options
    That looks great. Did you use any smoke?  Last time I did that cook, I used hickory, and the smoke was a bit strong for me. SWMBO loved it though.  Next time I'm using lump only - no wood chunks/chips. 

Great cook!! 
    I put a few small lumps of mesquite on, but I had an unexpected delay - so, didn’t get it on until about 90 minutes later than expected - most of the smoke wood had already burned off.  In the end it had a pleasant light smokiness.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • mEGG_My_Day
    Options

Great cook!! 
    I put a few small lumps of mesquite on, but I had an unexpected delay - so, didn’t get it on until about 90 minutes later than expected - most of the smoke wood had already burned off.  In the end it had a pleasant light smokiness.
    Cool - great dog btw!!
    Memphis, TN 

• Stormbringer
    Options
    Great bowl shot, looks lovely!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    That's a fine lookin' pot of chili right there! Wondering where all the Texans are with their bean comments. :rofl: 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 524
    Options
    Don't know about all the other Texans but this one is still looking for pictures of a pot of Chili.
    Willis Tx.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    That's a fine lookin' pot of chili right there! Wondering where all the Texans are with their bean comments. :rofl: 

Never understood that one. I love beans in my chili. This one looks awesome!

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    Popsicle said:
    Don't know about all the other Texans but this one is still looking for pictures of a pot of Chili.
    My great grandfather settled in central Texas in the 1880s.  My grandfather was born in Texas - my father was born in Texas.

I like beans.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Popsicle said:
    My great grandfather settled in central Texas in the 1880s.  My grandfather was born in Texas - my father was born in Texas.

I like beans.
    Excellent! =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut