Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SRF BOGO black friday

Options

Comments

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Shít I wanted to leave one of these and forgot.  =) Now I’m out!
    Snellville, GA

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I guess that’s a solid “maybe”.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Shít I wanted to leave one of these and forgot.  =) Now I’m out!
    C'mon man, don't turtle up.  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I hope they have a cyber Monday sale now
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    Only thing missing in this thread is politics 
    When it comes to Hyperbole, no one trumps Trump.

...many people are saying...
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    g8golfer said:

There are good people on both sides...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    g8golfer said:

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    I can't believe Charlie Manson died before Trump gave him a position in the cabinet. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    I can't believe Charlie Manson died before Trump gave him a position in the cabinet. 
    I think it’s possible Trump has actually found worse people.    It’s a kakistocracy, after all.
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    I love to see JIC get worked up over Trump. Life is good. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    Here you go - you’ll LOVE this!

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    JIC maybe I’m in the millionaire tax bracket 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    JIC maybe I’m in the millionaire tax bracket 
    Aren’t we all, buddy.  Aren’t we all.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    edited November 2017
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    Here you go - you’ll LOVE this!

Facts & Data don't matter.  Funny when they use the term sheeple as they themselves are being led to slaughter.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    SRF_Sean said:
    So many words back and forth.  Can someone provide a score so I don't have to read it all?

Short answer: I have no issues with SRF.  Sales are to build business.  They did that and got name recognition.  Now they do not need to drum up business.  They are a well known and well regarded company.

Caveat: If they raised prices just to do a BOGO (unsubstantiated as I do not know their prices) then that is seriously shady, in my opinion.
    I promise it isn't our intention to argue points or get defensive on this thread, we really are just interested in your thoughts. But since this has come up a few times I'd like to quickly address it:

We agree, raising prices just before a sale is super shady. We don't do it. Period. Don't know where this is coming from, but our Choice brisket prices haven't changed in at least two years. We've had sales on them before, but we haven't raised (or lowered) the base price.

Also, we will have American Wagyu briskets on sale starting tomorrow and they should remain there through most of the holiday season. You won't see anything close to a BOGO offer - and you may not ever see it again as it is not viable to keep our doors open. But you will see discounted pricing without having to buy multiple briskets.

We hope that's helpful. And we will continue to read this thread for criticism, feedback or whatever else you'd like us to know.
    Thank you!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited November 2017
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    g8golfer said:

...many
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options

thetrim said:
    dmchicago said:
    g8golfer said:

That woman is super ugly. They should keep her locked up if for no other reason than to put a dead end to her gene pool.

almost as fat and ugly as Roy Moore's accuser.  Look at her.  There's no way he tried to hit that.  

Can always count on you to elevate the conversation.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - Is it just me or are there negative numbers for the great majority of listed tables above.  Granted the more you make the more you will benefit...nothing new there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    edited November 2017
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - Is it just me or are there negative numbers for the great majority of listed tables above.  Granted the more you make the more you will benefit...nothing new there.  
    I suppose it depends on exactly what majority you’re focused on.  If it’s the middle or fourth quintile, the answer is clearly no.  

They could have gone with an across the board tax cut, akin to what Bush did in 2000.  In that case, everyone got a cut.  They couldn’t do that and cut corporate taxes significantly and make it fit under reconciliation rules, so they chose the reform route instead.  The upshot of that is many will see a tax increase.   That’s the only way to “pay” for the corporate tax cuts.  

It’s as bad of a package as they come.  The only reason it has a good chance of becoming law is because it’s not getting much of any attention.  
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    edited November 2017
    Options
    SRF_Sean said:
    So many words back and forth.  Can someone provide a score so I don't have to read it all?

Short answer: I have no issues with SRF.  Sales are to build business.  They did that and got name recognition.  Now they do not need to drum up business.  They are a well known and well regarded company.

Caveat: If they raised prices just to do a BOGO (unsubstantiated as I do not know their prices) then that is seriously shady, in my opinion.
    I promise it isn't our intention to argue points or get defensive on this thread, we really are just interested in your thoughts. But since this has come up a few times I'd like to quickly address it:

We agree, raising prices just before a sale is super shady. We don't do it. Period. Don't know where this is coming from, but our Choice brisket prices haven't changed in at least two years. We've had sales on them before, but we haven't raised (or lowered) the base price.

Also, we will have American Wagyu briskets on sale starting tomorrow and they should remain there through most of the holiday season. You won't see anything close to a BOGO offer - and you may not ever see it again as it is not viable to keep our doors open. But you will see discounted pricing without having to buy multiple briskets.

We hope that's helpful. And we will continue to read this thread for criticism, feedback or whatever else you'd like us to know.
    I’m the one that posed the question about choice pricing Sean. I have never checked the Choice prices as I typically have purchased Wagyu Black and Gold, but frankly $129 for a choice grade brisket is out there and seemed marked up for a sale. When the Black brisket is only $20 more than a choice brisket, something doesn’t seem right and I posed a question.  Based on your standard website pricing for a single brisket of similar size, the Black sells for $10.64-$12.41 per pound while the Choice sells for an astonishing $9.21-11.72/lb. With the delta being as low as .69/lb (high of $1.43), why in the world would I pay your standard prices for a choice brisket? Help me understand what I’m getting if I buy one of your choice briskets versus a CAB or a Costco Prime for 1/3 the price? 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Why did you have to bring geometry into this?!  Sheesh!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SRF_Sean
    Options
    SRF_Sean said:

I’m the one that posed the question about choice pricing Sean. I have never checked the Choice prices as I typically have purchased Wagyu Black and Gold, but frankly $129 for a choice grade brisket is out there and seemed marked up for a sale. When the Black brisket is only $20 more than a choice brisket, something doesn’t seem right and I posed a question.  Based on your standard website pricing for a single brisket of similar size, the Black sells for $10.64-$12.41 per pound while the Choice sells for an astonishing $9.21-11.72/lb. With the delta being as low as .69/lb (high of $1.43), why in the world would I pay your standard prices for a choice brisket? Help me understand what I’m getting if I buy one of your choice briskets versus a CAB or a Costco Prime for 1/3 the price? 
    We'd put our Double R Ranch Choice briskets up against either of those local options in a taste test happily, as we're incredibly proud of both the consistency of those briskets and the flavor profile they get from their Northwest upbringing - climate makes a huge difference in quality, btw. But we understand that isn't the question.

Briskets are heavy, fragile items which makes you account for their storage, maintenance and shipping needs. Buying one for shipping directly to your home is always going to add a premium to the cost. For someone like you who has local options they like, it might not be worth it. If you live in an area where you don't have access to those options, we can provide a service. Double R Ranch is also sold at some grocery stores in the western United States and we always recommend, if given the option, to purchase them at the store and save.

We have some customers that adore those briskets and are willing to purchase them online for their specific flavor and the added convenience of our wet-aging process. That's why we continue to stock limited numbers of them as opposed to selling them through our more traditional channels. But we certainly don't take any offense if you pass on them as an online option.
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Well stated @SRF_Sean - this forum has gone a bit overboard and like any other forums, loves to complain about just about anything. You guys are a good company and I will continue to support you with orders given your quality product.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    SRF_Sean said:
    Oh, and a clarification from last night's post: Those brisket deals won't hit until Monday. Sorry about the mistake on my part. But I do have some more helpful info. There will be a % off the entire site sale on Friday. If you're just looking for briskets and additional items, use that limited sale. If you just want briskets and miss the Friday sale, then most, but not all, American Wagyu briskets will be 15% off through the end of the year.
    This did get ridiculous and my hyperbole was understood by few.  Everyone missed the address to SRFshane.  Please continue your presence here.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    This is me complaining about Brent's misunderstood hyperbole.
    Options
    You are so misunderstood.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    You are so misunderstood.
    If I am, I rarely notice.  It's my-opia.