Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: what are you reading now?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Cookbook_Chip
    Options
    Nerds rule!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Berkshire Beyond Buffett
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Just finished up a couple of new (to me) authors in the mystery genre. 

Tana French ... born in the USA, but lives in Ireland so that's where her "Dublin Murder Squad" is based ... you don't have to, but it is better if you read in order.

Mark Billingham ... a Brit whose main character is Tom Thorn, a murder investigator in Britain.  Since Thorn is always in trouble, it's best to read in order.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Dinah_Moe_Humm
    Options

The Elements of Pizza  - Ken Forkish

D'you think I could interest you in a pair of zircon-encrusted tweezers?

Newtown Square, PA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. Always meant to read it, but it is assigned for one of my classes. Blows your mind when you realize what one women's cervical cancer cells have done for modern medicine.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    yljkt said:
    Cooler threads. They are everywhere.  =)
    Don't make me bump!  Let them die a slow, lonely death
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Had this in the mailbox when I got home tonight:

My rudimentary python is rusty at best. After a quick glance, I'm glad I ordered it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    DMW said:

My rudimentary python is rusty at best. After a quick glance, I'm glad I ordered it.
    Gonna write some blockchain?  That's all I know about python.  All i know is where the on off button is at. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    DMW said:

Gonna write some blockchain?  That's all I know about python.  All i know is where the on off button is at. 
    Nope, network automation using Python.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    Options
    DMW said:
    U_tarded said:
    DMW said:

Nope, network automation using Python.
    Call me if you have any questions.  I really like snakes, especially constrictors.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I prefer this Python 

• bgebrent
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I prefer this Python 

That's a Python!!  We need to go shooting soon.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Begger
    Begger Posts: 569
    Options
    Colt Royal Blue is my personal fave.      Can't beat it.    
    I seem to remember a 2 or 3 gun set (4" thru 8") at a local gun store a long time ago.    It was sold within minutes.   

And the Python is going for premium prices at shows.    Find an 
    As Is  Detective Special, with original packaging and that's $$, too.  
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Lonesome Dove, Larry McMurtry.
    Love this book, just freaking love it.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    I normally read non fiction, history or travel books. Most recently, Anne had Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury as a book club book and I read that and enjoyed it a lot. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• oldgeezeystax
    Options
    I'm currently about a quarter of the way into The Passage by Justin Cronin but the library just notified me that my reserved copy of The Fall of Hyperion is in so I may have to put The Passage on hold for a bit.  I really liked Hyperion and I'm interested to see how the story concludes.  
    Frederick, MD - LBGE and some accessories
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Options
    I'm currently about a quarter of the way into The Passage by Justin Cronin but the library just notified me that my reserved copy of The Fall of Hyperion is in so I may have to put The Passage on hold for a bit.  I really liked Hyperion and I'm interested to see how the story concludes.  
    Oh, man!  You need to read "Fall..." I re-read just Hyperion a couple years ago, and thought "what happened to all the rest of the story?" - I had forgotten "Fall..." was another book.  The two give you the full story.
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes