Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Stone Crab Season!

Options
2»

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Fantastic.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    Options
    Super jealous. Anyone have a reputable source that will deliver quality product without overcharging? Seems a lot of these companies overcharge because of their popularity. 
    You can order from Key Largo Fisheries (keylargofisheries.com) or Grimm's Stone Crab (crabsr.us).  Both are reputable and both were affected by Hurricane Irma and would appreciate the business.  Since the season opened I have had crabs from both of these businesses. They were $23.99/lb for the large and were delicious and fresh.
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    I'm heading to FL Keys tomorrow for a fishing trip (and now eating trip) with my son.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • SoCal_Griller
    Options
    Those look great!  Never had them before.  Checked Crabsr.us and $23 for large claws, but $80 shipping to California  :o, Next Day air.  Cheaper than flying to Florida.  Oh well.
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    Has anyone ever heard of this site?

http://www.lintonseafood.com/

$22 a LB for large claws, must buy 5. $39 shipping. Seems like a great deal to me.
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    @Brason - I've never heard of Linton's. I would call them up and ask about their stone crabs. Ask how many per lb. The least amount of claws per lb. is best. If there are 5-7 per lb, those are really Medium sized and you want bigger if they are truly large.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini