Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Seattle Recommendations

Options
Heading to Seattle for a short business trip. Going to take in the Seahawks-Texans game on Sunday.

Any recommendations for good food? BBQ or steakhouse preferred. Thanks!
Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
Twitter: @ Bags
Blog: TheJetsFan.com

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Starbucks has a good roast beef sandwich. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • spray
    spray Posts: 57
    Options
    I've been to Seattle a couple times in the last few years, but we've never eaten a steak there.  Can't make it past the beautiful seafood variety they have there - oysters, Dungeness crab, king crab, salmon, halibut, octopus.  Elliot's Oyster House down on the water in the main harbor has fantastic food and a great happy hour.  It's a short walk from Pike Place Market, which is a can't-miss place for a tourist like me, IMO.  If you stay in that area, the football and baseball stadiums are about a 15-20 minute walk, also.  Plenty of bars and small restaurants on the walk, too.
    Large BGE and MiniMax in St. Petersburg, FL
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    You cannot go to Seattle without eating Pacific salmon! Not Atlantic, not farmed. It's the real deal. Been too long so I don't remember where, just that it was on one of the piers down the hill from Pike Place Market. I doubt it was Elliot's Oyster House though - can't imagine going to a place named "oyster" anything! =)

But yeah... SEAFOOD!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    Options
    The Crumpet Shop for breakfast. It opens at 7am, normally a queue has already formed.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options
    fwiw - pike place market is a must to see - seafood vendor down towards the north end across from the flower stall has monster shrimp that has been boiled and peeled in a quart cup with a smaller cup of cocktail sauce taped to it so it comes together.  THE BOMB and is super fresh.  Ask for napkins and go outside and eat on the bar overlooking the sound.  Best $20 you will ever spend.  Salty's is also a good choice although it is not BBQ or steaks.  Seafood is predominant food there....

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Options
    I don't have a recommendation for steakhouse or BBQ, but I can tell you: do not go to Assiago's (Italian).  We were looking for a good place with fresh-made pasta.  Assiago's was top-rated.  The tables were jammed right on top of each other, and we just didn't care for it.

While walking around Pike Place, I enjoyed what we got from Piroshky Piroshky.
  • Randall_Lee
    Options
    Toulouse Petit Kitchen a few blocks from the space needle. Cajun inspired, great breakfast, whole menu looks really good. 
    Niceville, Fl
  • Randall_Lee
    Options
    If you like Almonds and at Pike Place market, vendor down stairs something like Smokehouse Brothers do some great Almonds.

Niceville, Fl
  • chays99
    chays99 Posts: 41
    Options
    We were in Seattle last weekend and the wife wanted a steak. Check out the Metropolitan Grill. It was a great meal 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    You cannot go to Seattle without eating Pacific salmon! Not Atlantic, not farmed. It's the real deal. Been too long so I don't remember where, just that it was on one of the piers down the hill from Pike Place Market. 
    Possibly Ivar's.  I'm told its more "touristy", but I love their alder-smoked salmon and they have several locations.  There's one under a huge bridge, on the water, so you can watch all the boats go by, or dock to come into the restaurant (which is a hoot to a landlubber like me!)  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Quinn's.  Especially if you like Belgian beer.  Or if you don't know if you like Belgian beer.  Or Belgian food.  Or just really good food.  Just trust me.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Dong Thap Noodles.  Especially if your into Pho.  
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    I’m going to Seattle next week too, go there every year at this time for a database conference. Pikes place is pretty cool, I’m not a fish person, but usually I end up there with coworkers.  They love it. My boss always talks about Dixie’s BBQ up there, but I haven’t been yet. I might give it a try this year. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    You're in SLC, aren't you?  What's your favorite pho place down there?  Kim Long's in Layton is my favorite place up near Ogden.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Botch said:
    U_tarded said:
    You're in SLC, aren't you?  What's your favorite pho place down there?  Kim Long's in Layton is my favorite place up near Ogden.  
    Saint George, I can't find Pho here.  I'll have to remember that next time I'm up there only Pho I've had in the SLC valley was in Midvale.  But if you're in Moab ever 98 Center makes a pretty delicious bowl.  
  • Hotwingking
    Options
    Jaks Steakhouse or The Metropolitan Grill,  2 very good places. Ivars is also great, a True Seattle place.
    GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Corvus
    Corvus Posts: 30
    Options
    Hattie's Hat in Ballard has some good bbq.  We always go for the clam strips at The Lock Spot, also in Ballard.
    Blessed are the flexible for they shall not get bent out of shape.

LBGE, Weber Genesis II, Weber Performer, 2-WSM, PKGrill, 22" Blackstone, KettlePizza, Joule, ChefAlarm, Smoke, 2-ThermaPens.
  • DirtyMingusMcGee
    Options
    Used to live out that way many years ago and it's not bbq or a steakhouse, nor is it cheap, but the food at Dahlia Lounge is some of the best I've ever eaten anywhere. 
    Located deep in the heart of the Dirty South...
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I realize that it's not what you requested , but we had a great lunch at Phnom Penh Noodle House. Really liked the food in Cambodia when we visited a few years ago, and this place was quite good. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    If you make it to oublic market, youll find everything you need there...
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Botch said:
    U_tarded said:
    I’m in SLC, and I know you said pho, but this ramen bar in Murray is delicious:

https://jinya-ramenbar.com/locations/

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Elliots is fantastic

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    I dont care for wine myself but I do like this place downtown
    http://www.purplecafe.com/purple-seattle/

I always made it a must place to eat when I traveled there in years back.  

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president.