Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

40 Years ago today we lost the Freebird

bucky925
bucky925 Posts: 2,029

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Comments

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Damn, hard to believe it’s been that long!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Sad day.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I had tickets to there show in Greenville (the show before the flight to Baton Rouge). I had just seen them in Columbia and opted to not go in order to study for a big test. Don't regret it but wished I had gone. Those boys were the best....oh and any southerner should always stand for Free Bird.....the Southern National Anthem.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    When Skynyrd tells you to turn it up, you turn it up. Period. 
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Ah back in the days of the halter tops!!
    I remember them like it was yesterday... B)
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Some of the best times of my life!
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    Jacksonville’s rock royalty, miss em 
    Jacksonville FL
  • rekameohs
    rekameohs Posts: 261

I was working at the college radio station and watched as the details came in on the 110 baud teletype machine.  Still remember it as if it was yesterday.
    Raleigh, NC
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Caught them a few months earlier at a Day on the Green in Oakland on July 2, 1977.  Outlaws, Santana, Frampton & Lynyrd Skynyrd headlined.  Growing up in the south Freebird was/is an anthem for a lot of us. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Disagree? I surely didn't expect that from a Southerner. That's blasphemy Robin @northGAcock
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Disagree? I surely didn't expect that from a Southerner. That's blasphemy Robin @northGAcock
    Unintentional for sure. Like I said....its the southern national anthem. It sure be played loud and proud. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow