Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

40 Years ago today we lost the Freebird

bucky925bucky925 Posts: 1,242
Live fast. die young, and leave a well marbled corps. 

Comments

• jabamjabam Posts: 1,795
    Damn, hard to believe it’s been that long!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 6,312
    Sad day.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 11,504
    I had tickets to there show in Greenville (the show before the flight to Baton Rouge). I had just seen them in Columbia and opted to not go in order to study for a big test. Don't regret it but wished I had gone. Those boys were the best....oh and any southerner should always stand for Free Bird.....the Southern National Anthem.
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 13,793
    When Skynyrd tells you to turn it up, you turn it up. Period. 
  • HotchHotch Posts: 3,381
    Ah back in the days of the halter tops!!
    I remember them like it was yesterday... B)
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • MeTedMeTed Posts: 755
    Some of the best times of my life!
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • DobieDobie Posts: 2,614
    Jacksonville’s rock royalty, miss em 
    Not playing well with others in Jacksonville FL

• I was working at the college radio station and watched as the details came in on the 110 baud teletype machine.  Still remember it as if it was yesterday.
  • SSQUAL612SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,047
    Caught them a few months earlier at a Day on the Green in Oakland on July 2, 1977.  Outlaws, Santana, Frampton & Lynyrd Skynyrd headlined.  Growing up in the south Freebird was/is an anthem for a lot of us. 
    Temple, TX   XL BGE 2016, MES, 18.5 WSM,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 13,793
    Disagree? I surely didn't expect that from a Southerner. That's blasphemy Robin @northGAcock
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 11,504
    Disagree? I surely didn't expect that from a Southerner. That's blasphemy Robin @northGAcock
    Unintentional for sure. Like I said....its the southern national anthem. It sure be played loud and proud. 
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”