Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Broken Egg

Options
Just discovered that the entire top of my five year old egg about 4" below the rim is broken all the way around. The egg is in a metal wheeled cart with round hole for the egg and sold to me by the dealer. It appears that the ceramic was scored all the way around by the metal edge of the cart over time and eventually broke right at the rim like cutting glass. I have attempted to repair with high temp food grade silicone. I would ask about warrantee but can't find original sales slip and dealer is out of business. Anyone else know of this problem?

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Call the mothership and get advice on what to do.
    Very sorry for your loss.
    I have made some inquiries on ceramics previous to your post, and what you have mentioned is a very possible result over time, especially so in areas subjected freezing temps.
    Best of luck to you. Hope it works out. I would invest more time in finding the receipt, if it is applicable. I have captured images of our receipts, and the stamped numbers of the egg, on my camera and have backed them up on an external hard drive.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • BikerBob
    BikerBob Posts: 284
    Options
    Did you register it with the mothership when you bought it?
    Cooking on the coast