Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIP Ralphie May

Options
=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
Tampa Bay, FL
EIB 6 Oct 95

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    RIP, we are getting older. Dammit.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,362
    Options
    Never saw that coming...damn. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    His bit about cuban coffee is the reason I bought a moka pot.  Rest in peace, big man.   You were a trip.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3kyRaZgQR4

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    45.  Eff.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,049
    Options
    Welp, thats the trifecta.  Famous people breath easy till the next round.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    beats your pizza.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Not trying to be ugly.... But dude was obese. It sucks but the percentage pts go up. He was funny as hell. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Hate to hear this - that man made me laugh 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Never heard of the guy but 45 is too young. RIP
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    edited October 2017
    Options
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    His egg looked pretty sweet, but that GTO.....
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    He looks drugged out in this one, perhaps the weed we mentions in the video.  Sad to see him go, he was hilarious...  
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • Wolfie51sb
    Options
    henapple said:
    Not trying to be ugly.... But dude was obese. 
    Associated Press referred to him as "round-faced" in a headline on his obituary.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Dead at 45. Sad regardless of your body type. He would've been a fun one to have here on the forum. RIP
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • thetrim
    Options
    henapple said:
    Not trying to be ugly.... But dude was obese. It sucks but the percentage pts go up. He was funny as hell. 
    No need to "fat shame" anyone esp right after they pass!  Everyone on here could probably stand to lose few pounds.  Ralphie may've had a glandular issue for all we know.  Keep it classy!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CoMoBGE
    CoMoBGE Posts: 374
    Options
    Got to see him a couple years ago when he came thru town. Very funny. 
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Legume said:
    thetrim said:
    henapple said:
    No need to "fat shame" anyone esp right after they pass!  Everyone on here could probably stand to lose few pounds.  Ralphie may've had a glandular issue for all we know.  Keep it classy!
    That's not fat shaming.  I had the same thought @henapple did, he was a really big man.  Sucks for anyone to go at that age, but not what I would call shocking.  That's not criticism of him or his size or why he was that size, just observation.
    I agree, I've struggled with my weight all my life. Just got the word from my Dr. To drop 25 lbs. it is what it is and it's tough for a lot of us that really love our grills and love to cook good food. I liked to watch Ralphie and it's a shame he died so young. We've lost a lot of these guys; John Candy, John Pinette, now Ralphie. When you're overweight yourself it's pretty easy to watch these guys on stage and empathize with how difficult it must be to on the road all the time while trying to eat healthy and stay active for good health. 
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    He's definitely stoned as phuck in the 2nd half of that video, lol.  And I agree @NPHuskerFL he would have been a great addition to this site!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I miss John Candy. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I miss John Candy. 
    And Chris Farley.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• BulletGrillHouse
    Options
    Saw Ralpie in Vegas this Summer, great show
    XL, 2-Lg, Mini, 36" Blackstone (Formerly CM23)
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    thetrim said:
    henapple said:

I'm not fat shaming. No, I don't know the details about his weight. Just an observation. I'm not saying anything about him other than he was in a high percentile for what happened. Food can be addictive as anything. It's a shame he passed.

I hate the term fat shaming. Geez. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • thetrim
    Options
    Fat shaming is certainly unfortunate!  Fat shaming is the new racism!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95