Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - My doctor said to eat a nice, protein filled breakfast.

Not sure this is what she had in mind, but I enjoyed it.
Some corned beef hash with sauteed onions and diced tomatoes, topped with a couple of fried eggs. Very tasty, but I read recently corned beef hash is one of the most unhealthy items because of all the sodium and fat. Oh well, I tried.

Comments

• I like the way your doctor speaks. Looks great from here.
    Snellville, GA

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Looking good!  Do you have a special trick for sunny side up eggs? I have tried a few (using a lid, butter basting, using a torch).  I found the torch to be the easiest...but the torch is outside so honestly I don't do it often. I usually just go over easy. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,680
    Doesn't get any better...perfect Yolks 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,166
    edited October 2017
    Looking good!  Do you have a special trick for sunny side up eggs? I have tried a few (using a lid, butter basting, using a torch).  I found the torch to be the easiest...but the torch is outside so honestly I don't do it often. I usually just go over easy. 
    Actually I do have a trick for the eggs and it is very simple. I cook the eggs in a non-stick fry pan with some butter. Then, when they have cooked to the point I think the bottoms are about right, I put them in a small pre-heated toaster oven on the broil setting and finish off the tops of the whites. It only takes a couple of minutes more in the little toaster oven to get the eggs just right, with a nice, runny yolk. This gets the whites completely done. Then they just slide right out of the pan onto the plate.
    So it is just a second step to the process, taking the eggs off the stove top and into the toaster over on the broil setting to set the tops.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I try telling this to SWMBO often.
    This is one of my favorite breakfasts.

Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,624
    actually you did good =) theres more saturated fat in greek yogurt than corned beef hash per cup, you could of tossed some sausages in there ;)  i really like cbh when the bottom gets all crispy
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,166
    actually you did good =) theres more saturated fat in greek yogurt than corned beef hash per cup, you could of tossed some sausages in there ;)  i really like cbh when the bottom gets all crispy
    Yes, I like to get the hash crispy on the bottom too. I added diced tomatoes to this batch and it did not let them get crispy, more mushy so I don't think I will do the diced tomato thing again, but experimenting is part of the fun.