Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tito’s

Options
paqman
paqman Posts: 4,670
Paid 36$ Canadian (~30$ US) at the duty free for two 1L bottles.  I usually pay 46$CDN for 1 bottle.  How much do you pay in your area?

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Around $26 for the 1.75 liter.  It's odd because the 1 liter is around $23, so I always get the handle bottle. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Paid $29.99 today....not my go to store. Can usually get for around (Handle) $27 if paying with cold hard cash.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Yeah it's either $24.99 or $25.99 at the Costco liquor store for the handle.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    Tax only if you live in Austin if you have a local ID.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    $31.99 plus 9% sales tax, just yesterday.  Usually on sale at $29.99.

Enjoying one right now - rocks, touch of club soda, squeeze of lime.

Cheers!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited September 2017
    Options
    $23.99 for a handle in Denver
  • Wanasmoke
    Options
    Always "on sale" here for 27.99 from 31.99. It's all I buy!
    LBGE in Elm Grove, WI
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    $23.99 USD
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • $26 at Costco for a handle
    Parker, Colorado
  • paqman
    Options
    The handle was 32.95$CDN (~28$US).  Considering that it is duty/taxes free, it is as a decent deal.  Far better than what I usually pay.  We are used to being ripped off on liquor.  Liquor sale is a state monopoly here and we are being double taxed so I was surprised to see it being sold at such a low price.  92$CDN+15%tax (105$) VS 36$ tax free means a saving of 69$ for the two bottles.  We usually see savings of 10-15$ max when shopping at the duty free.

I got a great deal on Tito's handle on the twin liquors $1 sale.  Not sure what I paid, but I'm having some with cranberry/rocks and some water now.  I think it was not nearly as good as what I see here - I think it was ~$30.  

Not sure how folks feel on good vodka, but this is right there with Stoli.  I think Grey Goose is overpriced, and not as good as Tito's or Stoli.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    You guys actually like Tito's? I can't stand the stuff. It tastes like what I imagine rubbing alcohol to taste like. I guess more for the rest of you. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,741
    Options
    29.99 for the 1.75 handle
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • paqman
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    You guys actually like Tito's? I can't stand the stuff. It tastes like what I imagine rubbing alcohol to taste like. I guess more for the rest of you. 
    @Toxarch I used to think that for vodka, the cheap stuff was fine.  That was until I tasted a vodka made by a local distiller from Eska water.  It has been my favorite until I tasted Tito’s.  Like it says on the label, it is « smooth, I mean really smooth! »

I'm more curious about the Orbi in the background.  I'm starting to look at a mesh wifi system and I'm torn between that and the Lynksys Velop set up.

How are you liking it?
    Toronto, ON - Large
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    It is good stuff.....pay what you have to when you need a great vodka.....TiTo's.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    This stuff blows Titos and just about everything else out of the water. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    What type of lump is best for charcoal filtering vodka?
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    paqman said:
    Toxarch said:
    @Toxarch I used to think that for vodka, the cheap stuff was fine.  That was until I tasted a vodka made by a local distiller from Eska water.  It has been my favorite until I tasted Tito’s.  Like it says on the label, it is « smooth, I mean really smooth! »
    But it's not smooth at all. Even out of the freezer it's not smooth. Try real Russian vodka if you want to taste smooth. Stoli in the US is totally different than Stoli in Russia.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Absolut for me.
  • CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    Aristocrat thank you very much. Does double duty as paint stripper when I need it.

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • paqman
    Options
    I'm more curious about the Orbi in the background.  I'm starting to look at a mesh wifi system and I'm torn between that and the Lynksys Velop set up.

How are you liking it?
    @sunder1025 I don’t know yet, I just picked it up.  Ordered it from costco.com because they are the only ones selling the AC3000 router with 2 AC2200 plug-in satellites.  The other kits that I’ve seen were router + tabletops satellites (AC3000) or the AC2200 router with a plug-in satellite.  The Velops are tabletops only so it was a no go for me; plug-in was a must for me.  Up until recently the Orbi were not a true mesh.  Each satellite were connected in a star topology directly to the main router.  As of the last firmware update, the Orbi now has a true mesh topology which means that a satellite can connect to another satellite.  There were reports of disconnections with Apple device but it has apparently been fixed.  I am away from home now but I will see in a few days.  Will let you know how it goes.

Options
    Aristocrat thank you very much. Does double duty as paint stripper when I need it.

Shakin my head.

• oldgeezeystax
    Options
    Ya'll had this before?

Frederick, MD - LBGE and some accessories
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Ya'll had this before?

Yes I have 

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Ya'll had this before?

This used to be on sale in the supermarket in Germany in the early 90s for 4 DM (about £1.30 at the time). I always had a bottle on hand then, but not convinced about the premium pricing now.