Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Friday discussion: OT

Options

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    RRP said:
    Lit said:
    RRP said:
    Lit said:
    Focker said:
    Hell, this is a troll thread!
    I find nothing more cowardly than troll accounts. What losers!
    I agree wholeheartedly my friend.
    If you don't have the balls to say what you want to say, don't say it hiding behind a moniker.

It was pretty funny though. Not a big deal though pretty sure you would be in the back. Ron is riding shotgun for sure and Peter's playing both sides of the ball.
    I see you are getting drunk (**** faced) again tonight.

I wonder if that is why you are such a mental case.

That wife of yours just might be leaving you with your two kids - SOON - do you even comprehend that?

I repeat - I really PITY you. Not for your drinking, but for your hostile mind and lack of comprehensive skills. 

Once you get older - you MIGHT understand...if you sober up long enough after the wife and kids have left you. 

Good night, "Lit" - BTW what a perfect moniker!!!
    Thanks for your concern Ron. Been busy tonight my wife has a girlfriend over so I've been busy. Really hope things don't work out how they appear to be it's been a long week. May have to make a couple xtra pancakes in the AM.  Prayers for me please. 
    LOL - "girlfriend"?  I suppose you do know that there are female lawyers who specialize in divorce cases and they get "up close and personal" so they can rip your 'nads" and MONEY out thru your unsuspecting throat, don't you? You have SO much to learn, grasshopper! But hey - go get sh*t faced AGAIN tonight! And be SURE your wife's "girlfriend" gets a selfie of all of you! I SO pity you!

Ron,  that's wrong on every level. 
    ? ? ? Apparently you have never read all the nasty comments and attacks he has made about me over the years. It took me a while to speculate his reason and then it boiled down to his hatred for a father he probably never knew or the drinking problem he now displays frequently. Perhaps he is your buddy, but untitl you become the target for his repeated personal attacks then you won't begin to assess Lit's problem like I have. I'm a mere 73 years old and I swear I have NEVER had someone hate me - without even knowing me - like poor ol' Lit has. THAT is why I pity him like I do! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Pete, this troll thread is a turd.  No fireworks, other than Lit and his threesome.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    RRP said:
    bgebrent said:
    RRP said:
    Lit said:
    RRP said:
    Lit said:
    Focker said:
    If you don't have the balls to say what you want to say, don't say it hiding behind a moniker.

It was pretty funny though. Not a big deal though pretty sure you would be in the back. Ron is riding shotgun for sure and Peter's playing both sides of the ball.

That wife of yours just might be leaving you with your two kids - SOON - do you even comprehend that?

I repeat - I really PITY you. Not for your drinking, but for your hostile mind and lack of comprehensive skills. 

Once you get older - you MIGHT understand...if you sober up long enough after the wife and kids have left you. 

Thanks for your concern Ron. Been busy tonight my wife has a girlfriend over so I've been busy. Really hope things don't work out how they appear to be it's been a long week. May have to make a couple xtra pancakes in the AM.  Prayers for me please. 
    LOL - "girlfriend"?  I suppose you do know that there are female lawyers who specialize in divorce cases and they get "up close and personal" so they can rip your 'nads" and MONEY out thru your unsuspecting throat, don't you? You have SO much to learn, grasshopper! But hey - go get sh*t faced AGAIN tonight! And be SURE your wife's "girlfriend" gets a selfie of all of you! I SO pity you!

? ? ? Apparently you have never read all the nasty comments and attacks he has made about me over the years. It took me a while to speculate his reason and then it boiled down to his hatred for a father he probably never knew or the drinking problem he now displays frequently. Perhaps he is your buddy, but untitl you become the target for his repeated personal attacks then you won't begin to assess Lit's problem like I have. I'm a mere 73 years old and I swear I have NEVER had someone hate me - without even knowing me - like poor ol' Lit has. THAT is why I pity him like I do! 
    Ron, I have no beef with you.  Your post is heretical.  I have not seen a post from @Lit that offended me or was not true and accurate.  He's not my "buddy", I don't know him.  I've never seen Lit be dishonest  or arrogant.  I truly believe @Lit has no hate for you.  Why would anyone hate you Ron?  We all know your a good guy.  You post more than some care to see but no one hates you.  You are hypersensitive to comments on a bbq forum.  You did out of poor judgement make rude comments on the poor fellow with prostate cancer.
    Your assigning on a forum member you've never met that he never knew his father or that he has  a drinking problem sounds like projecting a problem to me.  Reread your posts.  Don't pity LIt.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Wish I had posted this earlier

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Whats wrong with getting **** up? Some of you act like its the end of the world if you have more than 1 beer 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    RRP said:
    bgebrent said:
    RRP said:
    Lit said:
    RRP said:
    Lit said:
    Focker said:

Ron, I have no beef with you.  Your post is heretical.  I have not seen a post from @Lit that offended me or was not true and accurate.  He's not my "buddy", I don't know him.  I've never seen Lit be dishonest  or arrogant.  I truly believe @Lit has no hate for you.  Why would anyone hate you Ron?  We all know your a good guy.  You post more than some care to see but no one hates you.  You are hypersensitive to comments on a bbq forum.  You did out of poor judgement make rude comments on the poor fellow with prostate cancer.
    Your assigning on a forum member you've never met that he never knew his father or that he has  a drinking problem sounds like projecting a problem to me.  Reread your posts.  Don't pity LIt.
    What do you think about the Peruvian chicken?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    RRP said:
    bgebrent said:
    RRP said:
    Lit said:
    RRP said:
    Lit said:
    Focker said:

What do you think about the Peruvian chicken?
    Harger to spatchcock than most white girls. Crept Rons girl she lost that flexibility. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Braves have no pitching.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    I would venture to say that this thread provoked it. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I did not have the day, but I think everyone saw it heading this way. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Whoever had 9/15/17 in the "When's Ron going to lose it" forum pool, please come claim your prize. 
    I would not have expected a troll thread started by Pete to expose Ron so thoroughly, but there you have it.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Whoever had 9/15/17 in the "When's Ron going to lose it" forum pool, please come claim your prize. 
    I would not have expected a troll thread started by Pete to expose Ron so thoroughly, but there you have it.
    This thread speaks VOLUMES 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Whether you like someone or not - making fun of their physical malady thats beyond their control is bullsh!t. I'm really surprised this has been allowed to continue. 
    I agree with this. Some of y'all have been giving me a hard time about my third leg for a couple of years now, and it's well passed time for that to stop.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm shocked this made it through comedy standup open mike night?  Why isn't everyone laughing?  Why stop now.  Y'all need to go find some lady with breast cancer, and rip on her whig, and fake breasts.....see if she, laughs with you.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• GATraveller
    Options
    Acn said:
    jabam said:

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I make no attempt to defend or condone Ron's statements, but I think it's important to note the specific context in which his comments have taken place.

Many members who are now accusing Ron of going over the edge were the very same who, last week, were repeatedly and brutally ridiculing him after he disclosed very personal details of a medical condition. 

Thankfully, that thread has now been deleted, but I reference it for the benefit of any among us with short memories.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I make no attempt to defend or condone Ron's statements, but I think it's important to note the specific context in which his comments have taken place.

Many members who are now accusing Ron of going over the edge were the very same who, last week, were repeatedly and brutally ridiculing him after he disclosed very personal details of a medical condition. 

Thankfully, that thread has now been deleted, but I reference it for the benefit of any among us with short memories.
    And mentioned that some might want to consider suicide...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Focker
    Options
    Whether you like someone or not - making fun of their physical malady thats beyond their control is bullsh!t. I'm really surprised this has been allowed to continue. 
    Agree 100%.
    Disgraceful.
    Pathetic.
    Embarassing.

Self-body image in any cancer patient/person, should be respected, and taken seriously.  

Every journey/battle is different.  We could learn a lot by each one, even if the delivery of advice isn't the most therapeutic.

Have helped many with it, but I can't judge.  As I've never had it.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    Options
    DMW said:

And mentioned that some might want to consider suicide...
    Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    There was nothing "right" that was said by either side of this.  All parties involved were completely tasteless and utterly disgraceful. There is not ONE innocent party involved. 
    Continuing to choose sides and defend either party only perpetuates this ugly dialogue. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I've heard that this really did used to be a much friendlier place.