Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sockeye Salmon

500 Posts: 3,177
Pulled this out of the freezer for tonight. Raised direct at 400*. A few minutes on the flesh side first then skin side down. I have two fillets left until next season. Bummer. 
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    That's no bummer, that's a great feast.  Great cook brother.  
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    That looks delicious! I LOVE salmon!! Eat it as often as I can. What seasoning did you use?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    That looks delicious! I LOVE salmon!! Eat it as often as I can. What seasoning did you use?
    Lots of salt  ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Carolina Q
    bgebrent said:
    Lots of salt  ;)
    LOL, I'm in!!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

EVOO and this rub...

Member since 2009
  • Carolina Q
    Thanks. I've heard of it before, but I've never seen it.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

From the looks of the rub there is also dill in it. You could reverse engineer this rub. I think I found it Food Lion of all places. I believe this same company makes a paprika in the same size tin. 
    Member since 2009
  • Carolina Q
    500 said:
    From the looks of the rub there is also dill in it. You could reverse engineer this rub. I think I found it Food Lion of all places. I believe this same company makes a paprika in the same size tin. 
    No Food Lion here. Mom used to have two (Fredericksburg VA), but they closed one and the other is now a Weis Market. I liked Food Lion. Nothing fancy, but the basics and very convenient.

Amazon has it. Think I'll order some. And yeah, they do have a paprika.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• That looks really good. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Yes sir... one of my favorites 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @500
    Great looking grub brother :clap:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,203
    edited September 2017
    We discovered this salmon rub in Seattle. It's the real deal. We eat salmon often, and this is a favorite. 

Michiana, South of the border.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    500 said:
    EVOO and this rub...

Nice looking salmon.   That rub is awesome.  If you get the chance buy the hot and regular paprika and the steak rub.  Just stay away from the chicken rub.  Too salty IMO.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
    Will look for it. BTW, this is my favorite Chicken rub recipe; http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/spice-rubbed-smoked-chicken-michael-symon. Watch the video for the accurate ingredients list
    Member since 2009
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,715
    That looks delicious!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va