Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fillet steak with Madeira, cream and mushroom sauce, white tipped broccoli

Options
We've cooked ribeye soooo many times, decided to try some fillet steak for my birthday meal. It was quite a thick fillet so I used reverse sear technique, pulling at 115F IT for medium rare. SWMBO did a delicious sauce using Madeira, cream and mushrooms. Really enjoyed this meal, served with a 2002 Ch. Pontet Canet, a hidden gem of an otherwise not great Bordeaux vintage.

Very different taste experience to a ribeye, tender and juicy. Will definitely be cooking this again.

The sear stage:

Sliced ... yup, that'll do nicely:

Served with sauce, potato wedges and white tipped broccoli:

Thanks for looking!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
| My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

Comments

• Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Happy birthday and congratulations on a beautiful cook. That steak is perfect and the sauce looks wonderful.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Smoker317
    Options
    Happy birthday and thanks for the inspiration, I to am a bit tired of ribeyes at this point.
    Egghead since November 2014, XL-BGE & ET-732
    Smobot
    Living near Indy
    36" Blackstone
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Those pictures belong in a magazine -- just gorgeous!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Beautiful cook!! Sauce sounds good too. Filet mignon doesn't get enough appreciation around here. I love 'em!

Happy Birthday!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Happy birthday! Meal looks fit for a king. Pictures magazine worthy, as always.  
    Snellville, GA

• Stormbringer
    Options
    Cheers folks, once again SWMBO knocked it out of the park (I believe that's the correct vernacular) with the photography, but the real winner was her sauce. I'll get the exact detail from her and post it in the sauces section.

@Smoker317 yep, that's why we tried this. Nothing wrong with ribeyes of course, adding variety though spices things up. :)
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Outstanding.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    Awesome cook!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Oh heck yeah!!  You nailed it!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"