Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    Legs smoked with Peach.
    Looks great Ron. I have yet to use peach.  Orange wood is the closes I've come and really enjoyed that.
    I am going to try orange wood sometime soon. These turned out pretty good. The peach is just soft enough to work with poultry. The legs are juicy, and the skin is crisp. I will do these again.

Thank you for the kind words
    I would describe orange the same way.  Love using it when I pull a whole bird.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    trying to open up a .zip.png folder to file something today that i dont have to look at for another three years. pretty sure i dont have what it takes and/or this computer doesnt have what it takes :o what do i need to do this with windows 10.  computer seems with me on this, try to open and the screen says "we cant open this file"
    Zip is an archive file/format. Png is a graphics format. When you made the zip file of the folder and its contents did you perhaps misname it "xxxx.zip.png"?

If so, try deleting the ".png" from the file name and see if your unarchiver/unzipper will now recognize/deal with it.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    trying to open up a .zip.png folder to file something today that i dont have to look at for another three years. pretty sure i dont have what it takes and/or this computer doesnt have what it takes :o what do i need to do this with windows 10.  computer seems with me on this, try to open and the screen says "we cant open this file"
    Zip is an archive file/format. Png is a graphics format. When you made the zip file of the folder and its contents did you perhaps misname it "xxxx.zip.png"?

If so, try deleting the ".png" from the file name and see if your unarchiver/unzipper will now recognize/deal with it.
    If that does not work, get rid of the .zip, leaving only the .png then try to open. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    edited August 2017
    Options

I'm sure one of the IT geeks will be along soon, but I use 7-Zip www.7-zip.org

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    August 31 is "Nationl Cabernet Day."
    The celebration has begun.
    There will be no mercy.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Oh man, those are some fine looking legs @YukonRon! Best part of the chicken. Hubby typically prefers white meat only, but I bet I could get him to try those.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Dredger said:
    Oh man, those are some fine looking legs @YukonRon! Best part of the chicken. Hubby typically prefers white meat only, but I bet I could get him to try those.
    @Dredger
    They are sooo much easier than wings, there is more meat, and there is never anything left. I only made 13, (elevated, indirect) I had two, my neighbor had 6, and the contractor had the rest.
    I do not think I will ever fry chicken again.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    thanks for the help, looks like something was wrong with my winzip file, dowloaded the free trial and the .png converted to .pdf.  another few hours of nothingness. into a file and archived for three years
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    We do drummets instead of wings, but I still want to add some legs in next time. I see no reason for you to fry chicken with results like that.  
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    My kids love chicken legs.  We have them 2-3 times a month.  Yours look awesome!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    August 31 is "Nationl Cabernet Day."
    The celebration has begun.
    There will be no mercy.
    Lord have mercy on the wine stores near you in Louisville. Hope they have prepared for the event. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I got woke up from my afternoon nap by the Dr. that was doing some tests.  Not happy with the results at this point.  So I did what any Big Green egger would do, I picked up a handle of Tito's (never tried it before) and thick ribeyes.  Along with corn on the cob and baked taters, we will eat well tonight.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• northGAcock
    Options
    bucky925 said:
     So I did what any Big Green egger would do, I picked up a handle of Tito's (never tried it before) and thick ribeyes.

.....and the Tito's?

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    I got woke up from my afternoon nap by the Dr. that was doing some tests.  Not happy with the results at this point.  So I did what any Big Green egger would do, I picked up a handle of Tito's (never tried it before) and thick ribeyes.  Along with corn on the cob and baked taters, we will eat well tonight.

You sleep with your doctor, during testes??
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bucky925
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bucky925 said:

Only the one's when he has a erriction..... B)

• bucky925
    Options

bucky925 said:
     So I did what any Big Green egger would do, I picked up a handle of Tito's (never tried it before) and thick ribeyes.

.....and the Tito's?
    bucky925 said:

.....and the Tito's?
    https://youtu.be/oM01JNKjO-c

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Showing thread loyalty

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• northGAcock
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bucky925 said:

I use too sleep with my kids Art Teacher up until she retired. 

• bucky925
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bucky925 said:

I use too sleep with my kids Art Teacher up until she retired. 

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Celebrating the successful completion of the first half of the week. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Watching SEC Now.
    What is going on in Gainesville? 10 players suspended. So far.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Watching SEC Now.
    What is going on in Gainesville? 10 players suspended. So far.

@YukonRon

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-gators-suspensions-scarlett-michigan-suspension-20170830-story.html

Options
    Watching baseball. Drinking box wine. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @nolaegghead
    Wow. Credit card fraud according to the author, and one player involved, also had Marijuana charge as well? At least he is not covering it up, like the previous coach there, who retired, due to health issues, just before the feces hit the fan, then showed up at Ohio State.
    In fact, McElwain cleaned up the mess Urban left. Too bad some players went rogue.
    I wonder what Harbaugh will say....
    Thank you Carrie for the link.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @YukonRon My pleasure.  Sad that a handful of guys basically blew their season.  And their careers.
    Options
    A little yardbird stuffed with cream cheese and baby spinach 

You have a big parking spot left for garlic bread! Looks great! 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Putting "vitriol" in the Googler
    Grand Rapids MI
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Wondering about changing my password to something I can easily forget...