Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New User Orientation

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Focker said:
    Focker said:
    Well this gay man doesn't make the inner circle jerk.  
    http://www.gon.com/hunting/michael-waddell-turns-passion-into-a-career

But Vivian Howard and her Mommy and Daddy funded restaurant?  Hail yes!

Yeah, her Mom and Dad help cook at her place too.  Guess they paid the James Beard foundation for her to be a finalist for a few years straight.  Also the Peabody panelist for becoming a Peabody winner for her show.  

I'm betting more people know Vivian Howard than Michael Waddell.  I like Micheal though.  
    A finalist isn't putting it on the wall though.

Nick was/is a barber.  Those good ol' boys have put in work, to get to where they're at.  They don't sit around on a Sat night, searching forum members family names and profiles.  ;)
    That was fvcked up.  Most things are fun and all, but doxing someone is bulls!t.  No matter what you think about a member.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Most of the apparent spats are confusing to me.  I like to keep it like that.  

Phoenix 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I don't hate anyone.  I'm a lover not a hater.
    Options
    Focker said:
    Focker said:

Yeah, her Mom and Dad help cook at her place too.  Guess they paid the James Beard foundation for her to be a finalist for a few years straight.  Also the Peabody panelist for becoming a Peabody winner for her show.  

I'm betting more people know Vivian Howard than Michael Waddell.  I like Micheal though.  

Nick was/is a barber.  Those good ol' boys have put in work, to get to where they're at.  They don't sit around on a Sat night, searching forum members family names and profiles.  ;)
    I have no idea who Nick is.

I have better things to do also on a Saturday night if you're insinuating that was me who posted those. I have one account for this forum and that's enough. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • nolaegghead
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Focker said:
    Focker said:

Nor do I, although you were quick to accuse me of it. 

And the tracksuit, it wasn't a gift, you say.  That takes some serious muthafukkin stones.  Akin to you passing out with them hanging out and a jar of sharpies for all to use at a frat party stones.   Kudos, corn dawg. 

I would suggest you have some kind of factual basis (and I'm talking not about the above but the comment you made accusing me of researching you in the "what are you doing thread") before you start slinging accusations. 

Pretty pathetic you can't get over something you say isn't a big "LOL" deal.  But what you say in regard to your not caring is betrayed in you popping up here and there and complaining about it.  So get over it.  This is the internet.

Sincerely, NOLA.

....."oh dear"

=):)

Options
    ...and to anyone who doesn't know the history here, Focker has a history as an internet bully on this forum to me and others.  What precipitated this particular chain of events is his interpretation of a picture of me at Scottie's house holding Scottie's gun.  He said that I looked "skeerd" of it, holding it wrong, then he mocked, later, my shirt with a lion on it.  Next he said he would invite me to some function but I wouldn't be strong enough to pull his bow back.  This is internet bullying. 

None of this was provoked on my behalf.  And any pushback I made was met with more, increasingly unfounded ad hominem comments.  Comments that attacked things unrelated to my persona on this forum.  And completely unproven as he does not know me outside of what I post here. 

Focker hides behind a mom-god-apple-pie facade.  But behind that facade is a mean jerk. I don't know what kind of life he's had and I'm sorry if there were some problems.  But I'm tired of being pushed around and being some kind of outlet for his personal issues, if that's the case, or if he's just like that for no reason other than to prop himself up by putting other people he doesn't like down. 

Thanks for listening.
    Options
    ...and to anyone who doesn't know the history here, Focker has a history as an internet bully on this forum to me and others.  What precipitated this particular chain of events is his interpretation of a picture of me at Scottie's house holding Scottie's gun.  He said that I looked "skeerd" of it, holding it wrong, then he mocked, later, my shirt with a lion on it.  Next he said he would invite me to some function but I wouldn't be strong enough to pull his bow back.  This is internet bullying. 

None of this was provoked on my behalf.  And any pushback I made was met with more, increasingly unfounded ad hominem comments.  Comments that attacked things unrelated to my persona on this forum.  And completely unproven as he does not know me outside of what I post here. 

Focker hides behind a mom-god-apple-pie facade.  But behind that facade is a mean jerk. I don't know what kind of life he's had and I'm sorry if there were some problems.  But I'm tired of being pushed around and being some kind of outlet for his personal issues, if that's the case, or if he's just like that for no reason other than to prop himself up by putting other people he doesn't like down. 

Thanks for listening.
    Pot meet kettle yet again.  Oh dear! Lol!
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options

Thanks for listening.
    And guilty by association.

Thanks Oz's, disturbing and creepy to say the least.  The one(s) doing it, and even the one(s) entertained by it.....but Butt Blasters are good people!  The forum gets Lord Of The Flies at times, this is different, and harder to get over.  Crazy, I have to explain that. Lol
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Focker said:

Thanks for listening.

Thanks Oz's, disturbing and creepy to say the least.  The one(s) doing it, and even the one(s) entertained by it.....but Butt Blasters are good people!  The forum gets Lord Of The Flies at times, this is different, and harder to get over.  Crazy, I have to explain that. Lol
    Nola was ButtBlaster in '17.  Quite ironic.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Removing statues doesn't even hold a majority opinion from African Americans. Hmmm. #mediaracebaiting 

(Libs should note that this is a CNN article denoting a NPR/PBS poll.)

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    Focker said:

Thanks for listening.

I know most everyone who attended both Butt Blasts and probably would've heard through various channels if it was any of them who posted the pics.  I didn't.  That dog won't hunt, son.

But maybe you can post another KKK rally pic, or insult some more wives. That will surely prove your point, eventually.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Awww @focker...  

You're like a little tennie bopper that didn't get invited to Becca's awesome birthday party.  

Granted BB is open to anyone, including yourself, still.   

Butt Blast is full of great people.  Some of the best people I know that I would trust my wife and my kid around.  

For some reason, you have some jealousy towards them/us, and I'm not sure why.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Franklin's brisket

Image result for aaron franklin brisket

Options
    Image result for aaron franklin brisket
    Options
    edited August 2017
    Options
    This took a left turn.  I would like to thank @nolaegghead and @Focker for ably demonstrating what happens when members are at odds and why we must avoid it!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Focker
    Options
    Never thought my 75% off Gander badges would put the forum on tilt, or an acknowledgement of someone holding an AR like a hippie holding a Martin.  Wonder what a rainbow on the bumper would do here, all the "gay" shots flying around ya know...full Fockin' tilt!  That Gander transaction was worth every penny.  Lol

This whole deal took a creepy turn a couple of days ago.  Appreciate the BB invite, but I'm good with Sterling, IL, and GA MTN if I travel for eggin' fun.

I don't hate anyone, but there is hate here..no doubt about that, it's everywhere though.  

I may not get boot leather brisket tips from nola, jic, tarheelmatt, legume, doublegger...but that's completely fine, on both ends.  There are many more peeps here I/we gravitate towards.  I can coexist.

Shockingly(I know this will be difficult for a few to comprehend), this forum is much bigger than the few in the circle jerk, and the few followers amongst them.

The desperate crystal ball medical diagnosing for not liking a sh!tty cut of beef, or for being direct at times, many many many miles downstream without ever being around me, is LOL worthy, and a lame stretch.  My "problems" in life, LOL.  It is common knowledge that divorced people cannot be happy, and that married people on bbq forums live perfect lives, even their kids, family, are the benchmark for perfection. ;)

I might have some financial issues recently with a new roof, gutters, after a kitchen refresh, a little PTSD from Onc work, stress helping my Dad with prostate CA and Tx, but I want you all to know...I'm a happy man.  Onc is a constant reminder of what really matters in life, and that's what home equity loans are for. Lol  

My real "work", son, nephews, (teaching them), fam, friends, outdoor hobbies, fill my tank.  Sure, I'll burnout in my line of "work", but I'm good.  And far from......

1.  Ripping a man for opening up about his courageous battle with prostate CA.

2.  Photoshopping someone's profile pic from a newspaper, referencing him partake in a stereotypical gay beverage.

3.  Really far from searching up forum member's ex-wives and siblings, digging up pics from 2006.

3a.  And being entertained by it all.  

I'm not a professional, but I think the psych consult Dr. Nola-it-all, needs to be focused there. 

I have the stones to admit, I did error.
    I should've not engaged by dragging your wife into the mix, but at that time, I thought hey, if my sis is fair game, why the hell not...eye for an eye ya know.  I try to walk the path man, and honestly, veer off on occasion.  I'm far from married to their high school sweetheart bbq forum perfection.  But..a boot leather brisket will always be sh!t to me, regardless of the groupthink.  And grapeseed is the only oil for CI and CS. ;)

I'm outta here!!!

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Ok...........?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    I honestly have not taken the time to read the history of threads leading up to this whole rhubarb on both sides, BUT...

I will go on record that I have known Brandon (Focker) for several years now and have cooked with him several times at Eggfests. We have also conversed via emails in private and of course on this forum in the public eye.

To me Brandon is a standup guy and if I can add anything I just wish this pissin contest would not have soured people - if it even did! - against the guy - I call a friend.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    RRP said:
    ..... leading up to this whole rhubarb...
    Have you ever had rhubarb pie? My dad loves it, or at least the memory of it.  I have had a few delicacies from his childhood that did not live up to the hype.
  • CanDid
    CanDid Posts: 106
    Options
    Have you ever had rhubarb pie? My dad loves it, or at least the memory of it.  I have had a few delicacies from his childhood that did not live up to the hype.
    I have and it's usually hit or miss. There are so many different variations out there it's like a box of chocolates. Hey, maybe somebody on here has baked one on the BGE?!

BGE XL
    NWArkansas
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I have had it, maybe 45 years ago.  Seem to remember liking it.  Every now and then I see rhubarb in the produce section and think about making it.
    Options
    RRP said:
    ..... leading up to this whole rhubarb...
    yes, but actually I don't even mess with the crust - just straight rhubarb. It has some chemical reaction in the mouth that I love with milk. Same way for instance that champagne has a taste sensation when taken with a mouthful of hollandaise sauce and asparagus!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ScarletFire
    Options
    Strawberry Rhubarb pie from Betty's Pies just north of Two Harbors MN. It's the schizle.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    Strawberry Rhubarb pie from Betty's Pies just north of Two Harbors MN. It's the schizle.
    A bad pie from Betty's does not exist!
    Stillwater, MN
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    edited August 2017
    Options
    im a hater =) i hate libs, snowflakes, antifas, teabaggers, nazis, isis, bad drivers, kids on the lawn, cell phones, what they call progress, no fish days, most bourbons. i do like a tart, not sweet strawberry rhubarb pie though
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Focker
    Options
    RRP said:
    I honestly have not taken the time to read the history of threads leading up to this whole rhubarb on both sides, BUT...

I will go on record that I have known Brandon (Focker) for several years now and have cooked with him several times at Eggfests. We have also conversed via emails in private and of course on this forum in the public eye.

To me Brandon is a standup guy and if I can add anything I just wish this pissin contest would not have soured people - if it even did! - against the guy - I call a friend.
    Thanks Ron.  See nola, I do have a facebook friend. Lol
    Received your care package last night, appreciate the nice gesture, look forward to using them soon.  

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• nolaegghead
    Options
    That's great, enjoy them.
    Options
    Focker said:
    Never thought my 75% off Gander badges would put the forum on tilt, or an acknowledgement of someone holding an AR like a hippie holding a Martin.  Wonder what a rainbow on the bumper would do here, all the "gay" shots flying around ya know...full Fockin' tilt!  That Gander transaction was worth every penny.  Lol

This whole deal took a creepy turn a couple of days ago.  Appreciate the BB invite, but I'm good with Sterling, IL, and GA MTN if I travel for eggin' fun.

I don't hate anyone, but there is hate here..no doubt about that, it's everywhere though.  

I may not get boot leather brisket tips from nola, jic, tarheelmatt, legume, doublegger...but that's completely fine, on both ends.  There are many more peeps here I/we gravitate towards.  I can coexist.

Shockingly(I know this will be difficult for a few to comprehend), this forum is much bigger than the few in the circle jerk, and the few followers amongst them.

The desperate crystal ball medical diagnosing for not liking a sh!tty cut of beef, or for being direct at times, many many many miles downstream without ever being around me, is LOL worthy, and a lame stretch.  My "problems" in life, LOL.  It is common knowledge that divorced people cannot be happy, and that married people on bbq forums live perfect lives, even their kids, family, are the benchmark for perfection. ;)

I might have some financial issues recently with a new roof, gutters, after a kitchen refresh, a little PTSD from Onc work, stress helping my Dad with prostate CA and Tx, but I want you all to know...I'm a happy man.  Onc is a constant reminder of what really matters in life, and that's what home equity loans are for. Lol  

My real "work", son, nephews, (teaching them), fam, friends, outdoor hobbies, fill my tank.  Sure, I'll burnout in my line of "work", but I'm good.  And far from......

2.  Photoshopping someone's profile pic from a newspaper, referencing him partake in a stereotypical gay beverage.

3.  Really far from searching up forum member's ex-wives and siblings, digging up pics from 2006.

I'm not a professional, but I think the psych consult Dr. Nola-it-all, needs to be focused there. 

I should've not engaged by dragging your wife into the mix, but at that time, I thought hey, if my sis is fair game, why the hell not...eye for an eye ya know.  I try to walk the path man, and honestly, veer off on occasion.  I'm far from married to their high school sweetheart bbq forum perfection.  But..a boot leather brisket will always be sh!t to me, regardless of the groupthink.  And grapeseed is the only oil for CI and CS. ;)

I'm outta here!!!

Methinks thou doth protest too much.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Focker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Focker said:

I'm outta here!!!

Methinks thou doth protest too much.
    It is, what it is.
    I didn't even touch on the Christianity mockery, or a forum member telling Ron that I'm his illegitimate child, and would've been better shooting that wad into a napkin.  You cannot make this stuff up bro.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities