Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Retinas....

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Image result for jesus toast
    Options
    Lmao 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Image result for defacing painting restoration
    Options
    With the above great looking toast what is your favourite spread to apply??  BTW-I'm quite partial to a heavily charred bread as it transforms to toast.  On a conventional toast machine I run with a 5.5 on a scale of 1-6.  (Don't know anything about the calibration or settings to the char but it works for me).  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    With the above great looking toast what is your favourite spread to apply??  BTW-I'm quite partial to a heavily charred bread as it transforms to toast.  On a conventional toast machine I run with a 5.5 on a scale of 1-6.  (Don't know anything about the calibration or settings to the char but it works for me).  
    I like only a slight char. My wife turns toast into meteorites, shredding the roof of my mouth with each and every bite.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Options
    @nolaegghead - gotta admit you win.  I tried for about a year to acquire a taste for the OZ derivative Vegamite and failed.  Perhaps I did not perform an adequate palate preparation with serious whiskey.  There is no subtlety with the taste.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Really? You Limey prick. Nutella wins hands down. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Dark brown, no black. Lotsa buttah. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I'm patial to two pieces of toast at a time.  

In between I like smoked spiral sliced ham, provalone, fresh tomatoes, leaf lettuce, dukes mayo, and maybe a little honey mustard.

Phoenix 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    lousubcap said:

It's pure umami and salt.  Delicious.  Lots o B-vitamins.  Plus no one else will eat all your Marmite (or Vegamite).  My biggest complaint is the lid gets welded on if you get any of it on the threads.
    Options
    I read burnt toast causes cancer...if you eat about 300 slices per day.

So...don't eat 300 slices of burnt toast per day.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    HeavyG said:

The carbon cleanses the system, can't be more than 299 pieces per day though.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    I love toast, but can only hit 300+ like 2 days a week. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    HeavyG said:

Couldn't I just eat lump instead?
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    HeavyG said:

Couldn't I just eat lump instead?
    Lump is much healthier, purer form of carbon.  Best served in milk for breakfast.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    lousubcap said:

It's pure umami and salt.  Delicious.  Lots o B-vitamins.  Plus no one else will eat all your Marmite (or Vegamite).  My biggest complaint is the lid gets welded on if you get any of it on the threads.
    Did you ever end up trying some in a Bloody Mary?  I need to know if I need to go buy some.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,360
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @nolaegghead - gotta admit you win.  I tried for about a year to acquire a taste for the OZ derivative Vegamite and failed.  Perhaps I did not perform an adequate palate preparation with serious whiskey.  There is no subtlety with the taste.  
    I like Vegemite and cream cheese on toast. A little bit of Vegemite goes a long way. I've seen people spread it on like they're using peanut butter and then gag on it and swear they'll never touch it again.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Toast, butter, Marmite and scrambled eggs. Mmmmmm.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Marmite - oxymoron in jar for me.
    I want to hate it, but can't. I do not  like it either. I get cravings for it, and must have it every couple months. The cravings are so strong that once one kicks in, I will keep thinking about it till I have some. Then once I start having some, I really do not enjoy it.
    Very bizarre, I know.  This is the only food that I have a need/hate relationship with. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    White, wheat or rye?  

Rye, of course. 
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    I thought this thread was about the Scottie fly by.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm on board with that breakfast tostada.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."