Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any advice for baking focaccia on the egg

Options
Happy Sunday Morning!

I have the yard work done for the week and in the mood to try something new on my egg. 

I am am thinking of focaccia bread. I can think of a better savory bread. 

If any one out their in EGGNation has advice I would welcome the tips. 

Chunkchunk

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    No help on the bread but welcome aboard

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Chunkchunk
    Options
    I will post the results with photos later

if it comes out ok I will post the details 
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Welcome! I've baked this in a LBGE raised a little into the dome, worked well. Did it after cooking a pizza and having the Egg cool to the temp I wanted for the focaccia. Uses a Dizzy Pig rub too. :D

https://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk/2017/03/24/focaccia-with-smoked-pancetta-and-tomatoes/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    I looked over some of my files, and found a shot w. the dome at 400+. A pic of the finished bread showed a thermapen reading 210 internal. The shor w. the 'pen was inside, so I'm supposing the bread was just a bit hotter when it came out of the Egg.
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    Options
    gdenby said:
    I looked over some of my files, and found a shot w. the dome at 400+. A pic of the finished bread showed a thermapen reading 210 internal. The shor w. the 'pen was inside, so I'm supposing the bread was just a bit hotter when it came out of the Egg.
    Yep I had the Egg at 200C too, as a rule of thumb whatever temp the recipe says for non-fan (convection) oven is the temp I set the Egg to.
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Easiest of all the breads IMO, use a pizza dough recipe with added herbs, brush with EVOO and season, onto a pizza stone with a dome temp of about 200ºC (400ºF).
    Let dough rise in an oiled bowl, flip it out directly onto parchment, don't knead, oil and season, poke some finger holes in and bake. Leave the paper or pull it after 5 minutes or so. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Chunkchunk
    Options
    Thank you all I am looking to afternoon of cooking and enjoying the outdoors 
  • Chunkchunk
    Options
    Lol wife had other plans do I had to do some late night EGG Ops.