Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-(kind of) Question about those really expensive cookers/outdoor kitchens

Hub
Hub Posts: 927
I'm in the process of drawing up plans for the ultimate outdoor kitchen and am considering all options.  I recall a few threads here about a cooker that looked very similar to the BGE but was made of cast iron instead of ceramic.  As I recall, these cookers were in the $2000-$2500 range.  I've done several searches and can't find anything.  Can anyone help me out with finding them? Also, do you have any other links/products you would want to include in the ultimate outdoor kitchen? I'm planning on a high quality gasser, high quality charcoal cooker, pizza oven, kegerator, sink, etc.

I appreciate any help
Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia

Comments

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    If you are looking for expensive:  https://komodokamado.com/
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Thecoiman
    Thecoiman Posts: 134
    I think you are looking for http://www.goldenscastiron.com/

Garland, TX

2 Large, 1 Mini Max, 1 Mini
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hub
    All three of those links are great, and I appreciate the help, but thus far it's still not the one I'm thinking of.  It's driving me crazy.  The one I'm thinking of has definitely been discussed here, but I can't find it to save my life.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    lmao check this out

https://youtu.be/wYK3X5pGa1c
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hub
    Thecoiman said:

After looking a little more closely, I think you are correct.  I think that is the one I was thinking of, but for some reason thought it was more expensive.  I really appreciate the help.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Hub said:
    Thecoiman said:

After looking a little more closely, I think you are correct.  I think that is the one I was thinking of, but for some reason thought it was more expensive.  I really appreciate the help.
    I will buy it and sell it to you for a hefty mark up if it would make you feel better.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    Ultimate don't mean mean most expensive... you left one out... Blackstone....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Hub
    Ultimate don't mean mean most expensive... you left one out... Blackstone....
    Blackstone will definitely be in there.  No doubt.
  • @Hub
    You are looking for the Komodo Kamado - I don't think there's a grill more expensive then this one: https://komodokamado.com/pages/42-serious-big-bad starting price is $9,200. You can bling it out with all sort of items to jack up the price. 
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    I would look at @SciAggie's set-up and give the search function here a look.  There are quite a few that could likely take care of your personal "GoFundMe" balance.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hub
    lousubcap said:
    I would look at @SciAggie's set-up and give the search function here a look.  There are quite a few that could likely take care of your personal "GoFundMe" balance.  
    I totally agree.  His setup has actually inspired me.  As far as the search function, see my original post.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @Hub- noted.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited August 2017
    I would not get a Blackstone griddle.  I would get a commercial griddle (get used if too expensive).  Difference is BTU, but mostly even heat.  The blackstone griddle is something like 1/8" thick.  The commercial is 1/2" - 1".

This makes a YUGE difference.

Also, based on SciAggie's advice - https://www.fornobravo.com/

Little Rock, AR

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    A cabinet smoker would be a great addition. You can put out a lot of grub with one. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    I would not get a Blackstone griddle.  I would get a commercial griddle (get used it too expensive).  Difference is BTU, but mostly even heat.  The blackstone griddle is something like 1/8" thick.  The commercial is 1/2" - 1".

This makes a YUGE difference.

Also, based on SciAggie's advice - https://www.fornobravo.com/

Agree. I wouldn't build an ultimate kitchen around a $250 grill.  
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Hub said:
    I'm in the process of drawing up plans for the ultimate outdoor kitchen and am considering all options.  I recall a few threads here about a cooker that looked very similar to the BGE but was made of cast iron instead of ceramic.  As I recall, these cookers were in the $2000-$2500 range.  I've done several searches and can't find anything.  Can anyone help me out with finding them? Also, do you have any other links/products you would want to include in the ultimate outdoor kitchen? I'm planning on a high quality gasser, high quality charcoal cooker, pizza oven, kegerator, sink, etc.

I appreciate any help
    You may be looking for this from Viking - I don't know if they still make them.

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Just buy a Waffle House. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    The Supermercado Grill I frequent uses a big Star-Max, bada$$ griddle.  It produced the best thing I have ever had off of one, a $6 azada burrito with avocado and verde.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Hub
    Man oh man that looks good.  Star Max worth the extra cost over the Blackstone?
  • Focker
    edited August 2017
    Hub said:
    Man oh man that looks good.  Star Max worth the extra cost over the Blackstone?
    For a nice outdoor custom kitchen, it really is.
    The BSs are just fine for me though, I'm rough on stuff, burn marks from a chimney, grease stains, charcoal stains, all over my concrete and pavers.  I place marinaded chicken on grids, sauce ribs pulling the grate out of my KBQ on the glass patio table, then hose it off. Lol
    My military surplus camp tables get covered in AF because they get gunked up.  
    I get, and like, the fancy outdoor kitchen setups, because they mimick the indoor ones.  My dinner table has so many dings, scratches, even a temp probe burn mark.  Blends right in to the rustic knotty pine country kitchen look though.  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    edited August 2017
  • Focker
    Watching Triple D now on FN, all Mexican, lots of griddles, blenders, and braising pots.....great episode.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited August 2017
    CincyTiki said:
    That mobile WFO is legit.  Saw on the pizzamakingforum some time back, where a guy took a M105 military single axle trailer, and built a WFO on it, painting it red, white, and green...was super nice.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    @Focker. The Le Panyol WFO's are the real deal, the copper work the guy does is amazing and they are unbelievable cooking machines
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • Focker
    CincyTiki said:
    @Focker. The Le Panyol WFO's are the real deal, the copper work the guy does is amazing and they are unbelievable cooking machines
    They look beautiful.  When it comes to wood fire, between MWH, Le Panyol, and the iron guy, they all clearly know what have been doing for a while.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Just buy a Waffle House. 
    I have a friend that's a mid-level manager at Waffle House.  They renovated a few of his stores and he some old griddles they got rid of.  Said he could've given me a helluva a deal on those, but, alas, I got nowhere to put 'em.  Bummer.  Timing suckt!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    No doubt the starmax are much superior to the BS.  Heat up time may make it impractical for a home unit though.  I have no experience with them, but i noticed the tops are up to an inch thick.
    Phoenix 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    blasting said:
    No doubt the starmax are much superior to the BS.  Heat up time may make it impractical for a home unit though.  I have no experience with them, but i noticed the tops are up to an inch thick.
    Agreed. For the type of quick meal that most folks use their Blackstones for those won't be as suitable. Unless one is willing to either run it all day or give themselves an hour or so lead/warmup time.

I would think one would also want to run a commercial type of griddle off natural gas. I think I'd get tired of swapping out 20# propane tanks.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk